Prescribed materials in Arts? (1 Viewer)

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
While I await my transfer to a double degree in Engineering/Arts I would like to know if students studying any Arts major as part of their degree find purchasing textbooks/reading materials or other materials useful or if they simply rely on lectures/lecture notes and course notes.

The majors I am considering are Japanese, English or Linguistics.
I also would like to know what you think of any of these majors if you happen to study any of them.

soopacow

Igloo?
HSC
Forbidden. said:
While I await my transfer to a double degree in Engineering/Arts I would like to know if students studying any Arts major as part of their degree find purchasing textbooks/reading materials or other materials useful or if they simply rely on lectures/lecture notes and course notes.

The majors I am considering are Japanese, English or Linguistics.
I also would like to know what you think of any of these majors if you happen to study any of them.
I'm doing Japanese! :D

I think most people in the course get fine without doing extra readings aside from the textbook and lecture notes (and lot of practice/memorisation). But then again, this is only for the first 2 levels of Japanese, if you're doing an Advanced Japanese major, I'd be wrong.

Level 1 Japanese is really, really, REALLY fun.

D.

Blurg!
HSC
N/A
It really depends on what kind of marks you'd be happy with...

lionking1191

HSC
soopacow said:
I'm doing Japanese! :D

I think most people in the course get fine without doing extra readings aside from the textbook and lecture notes (and lot of practice/memorisation). But then again, this is only for the first 2 levels of Japanese, if you're doing an Advanced Japanese major, I'd be wrong.

Level 1 Japanese is really, really, REALLY fun.
sounds good, i'm thinking of doing jap too :D

is a language major 48 units?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)