prescrbe text for belonging (1 Viewer)

xLover

HSC
N/A
Hey I'm really curious about the "prescribe text", I was told by my old teacher that im doing something about Peter S... now my new teacher who is English co-coordinator is telling me we are doing "The Namesake" by Mira Nair for belonging. I dont think this is a listed on the BOS syllabus, i was planning to analysis and write 1-3 essay on the movie, I'm i gonna waste my time because this isn't a prescribed text? I dont know, can people please advise me, theres like 2 weeks left till school starts can't wait until thento ask teachers :speechless: btw what are your prescribed texts?

Cheers :)

theind1996

HSC
N/A
Hey I'm really curious about the "prescribe text", I was told by my old teacher that im doing something about Peter S... now my new teacher who is English co-coordinator is telling me we are doing "The Namesake" by Mira Nair for belonging. I dont think this is a listed on the BOS syllabus, i was planning to analysis and write 1-3 essay on the movie, I'm i gonna waste my time because this isn't a prescribed text? I dont know, can people please advise me, theres like 2 weeks left till school starts can't wait until thento ask teachers :speechless: btw what are your prescribed texts?

The Namesake is by Jhumpa Lahiri, not Mira Nair.

And yes, it is a prescribed text. http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/syllabus_hsc/pdf_doc/english-prescriptions-poster-09-14.pdf

HSC
N/A
Hi xLover,

Our advice to you is to take it easy and relax. These are your last real holidays for over a year, so cherish them!

Regardless, if you look here you'll notice that "The Namesake" by Jhumpa Lahiri is actually a prescribed text for the Belonging Area of Study, as is Peter Skrzynecki's "Immigrant Chronicle", so it's possible that either of these will be your core text. If you are keen to get a headstart, you should study the text that your current teacher has told you you will be studying (that is, "The Namesake").

However, if you don't want to risk wasting your time on a text that you will not be doing, it would be wise to wait until the start of term and find out your actual text from your teacher.

Regards,

Delta

Alkanes

HSC

The Namesake is actually a novel not a movie. Not a difficult text to pick up concepts of belonging. And there are millions of related texts you can use that with this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)