prerequisites??? (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
hi everyone

i am very interested in doing either architecture or landscape architecture.

i was wondering if there is any subjects that i should of done at school that would

help me, because i haven't done art or D+T or anything like that as my subjects. i

also heard that (mainly for architecture) that you would need physics which i

haven't done either, i was just wondering would i be disadvantaged without these

subjects thanks.

P.S my subjects are General Maths, Ext 1 Eng, PDHPE, Modern History, business Studies and biology. (i know they are pretty random)

i know that it is important to be creative for architecture but how about landscape???

Last edited:

Omium

Knuckles
HSC
primeobjective said:
hi everyone

i am very interested in doing either architecture or landscape architecture.

i was wondering if there is any subjects that i should of done at school that would

help me, because i haven't done art or D+T or anything like that as my subjects. i

also heard that (mainly for architecture) that you would need physics which i

haven't done either, i was just wondering would i be disadvantaged without these

subjects thanks.

P.S my subjects are General Maths, Ext 1 Eng, PDHPE, Modern History, business Studies and biology. (i know they are pretty random)

i know that it is important to be creative for architecture but how about landscape???
You won't be disadvantaged for ANYTHING except Maths, You will struggle very badly in maths if youve only done general math. I suggest you do a bridging course in math.
Good luck

Morbo

HSC
None. How hard is it to look through your UAC guide or to simple Google what you're looking for? Entry into Architecture is pretty competitive so if you're too stupid to look through your UAC Guide - which should be the first source of information about University Entry - you don't deserve to enter university at all.

M@ster P

HSC
Morbo said:
None. How hard is it to look through your UAC guide or to simple Google what you're looking for? Entry into Architecture is pretty competitive so if you're too stupid to look through your UAC Guide - which should be the first source of information about University Entry - you don't deserve to enter university at all.
blunt but true

darkwolfzx

HSC
N/A
as said above you will need the prerequisites to the course to enter it, but it is optional to do the 'assumed knowledge'. Unfortunately you will find yourself struggling if you do not take up anything that is stated in either places.

dat202hoe

HSC
Is it recommended bridge Mathematics regardless of course? Cause I want to do Planning and I was told that bridging courses weren't required.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)