Preparing and Studying for the HSC (1 Viewer)

hholbrook

HSC
Hi,

How do you recommend I study and prepare for my 3 HSC exams? I have Legal Studies, SOR 1, and VET IT this year. IT doesn't need a lot of preparation, and SOR I know that I am able to prepare more effectively by doing the dot points, but what do you recommend for Legal Studies. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Jinks

HSC
If you've made summary notes it's probably worth reading these out loud occasionally just to make sure you cover everything in your revision. Apart form that i'd being doing as many practice exams as I could get my hands on and then marking them/having a teacher look over them. It's important not just to do the exams but also take note of where you wen't wrong and make sure you re-read the related content and practice the questions a few times. Good luck!

ResourcesHSC

HSC
Organise your notes and review areas of concern. Then progress to complete past paper after past paper to familiarise yourself with the application of the content, which is very different to how it's chronologically presented in your notes.

HSC
For legal studies what I do is make summaries on the chapters relevant to your studies and then get the syllabus out and go through everything by handwriting them. Consolidate legislation and cases which you think might be relevant, remember the themes and challenges, and always do some practice papers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)