preparing an essay for family (1 Viewer)

lozzipops_87

HSC
what do you guys suggest i do. I have numerous essays i have written for the trials and stuff on all different questions you might get for family. i wanted to write another essay for family, one i can sort of have prepared for the exams, but is their any sort of general question you could answer?? wht theme do you suggest i should write an essay for?

how are the rest of you guys preparing for family and your other option? i would be interested to know
:):):)

DanielleM

HSC
Don't remember essays for legal
Some essays are really specific
Jennifer put it well:
= Jennifer = said:
guys take my advice DO NOT and i repeat DO NOT prepare hsc responses for the legal studies options!!!!!! the best thing is to do is practice heaps of exams and then get your teacher to mark them because what happens is that if you take in a prepared essay you find that you have such a narrow base on the topic and hence, limits your chances of what you could be required to do in the exam. I know the majority of the time the board of studies takes from legal issues and remedies and effectiveness of the law, but dont you think it would be better even you could apply your knowledge from basic legal concepts and have an advantage over other people sitting the exam.

pig_93

HSC
i suggest u do 3 main things
* always study the criteria for EFFECTIVENESS
* keep in mind and come up with some points on CHANGING SOCIETY
* how laws are changing to reflect society (ie LAW REFORM)

ur always gonna be talking about these 3 things in essays, so get them LOVELY :)

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
i would know 3 subtopics really well. In case of family this could be marriage, children and AFAs and talk about the 3 points pig_93 says up there for each subtopic.

HSC
Every year for the last 4 years (since 2001) there has been an essay question on legal issues and remedies, some really general and some more specific (as in 2004 which was solely on alternative family arrangements). Therefore, its a safe bet that there will be one again this year, so if you prepare answers for it, or maybe write a generic legal issues and remedies essay and then just remember the different points and legislation you use in it (as opposed to memorising the essay itself), then you sohlud be ok. Oh, and also know effectiveness of the legal system in terms of PEARE ROBL because thats also asked nearly every year, just in various manifestations

Katiemae

Oscar Myer Wiener
HSC
ummm... could you please tell me what PEARE ROBL stands for?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)