• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Prepare all three texts?? (1 Viewer)

raeraerae

HSC
Hiii everyone, for ext eng im doing north and south, dolls house and P and P and i was just wondering if its okay to prepare just dolls house and P and P and not north and south or is it best to just go in knownig all three??

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
I do CF not I&S, so it may be slightly different - but for us you basically should know 3 prescribeds and be able to use them but its up to you whether you do 2 or 3 prescribeds in the essay.

gorgo31

HSC
I'm doing CF too - I've thoroughly prepared two prescribed texts, with the other two as citations. I don't think, in any elective, it will ever ask for more than two prescribed texts (it's far more likely for them to ask for one, thereby using supplementary texts as a discriminator) and the HSC exam cannot specify a prescribed text for discussion. So while it's a good idea to know all of them, you really only need to be prepared to write about two in depth.

HSC
N/A
I do RFTG, I think we get a similarish question.

I don't expect them to specify more than 2 prescribed texts, although obviously it's better having at least a working knowledge of the third one in the rare event they as for one (or specify one).

I walked into my EE1 exam last year with two prescribed texts fully prepared and the third as a backup. I knew enough about it to integrate it if needed, but otherwise, I wasn't going to. :)

radhika87

Pro
HSC
I think for CF its only necessary to know ANY 2 of the 3 prescribed in depth and have at least 2 additional texts of your own choosing

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
radhika87 said:
I think for CF its only necessary to know ANY 2 of the 3 prescribed in depth and have at least 2 additional texts of your own choosing
There are 4 prescribed texts and it usually states "at least 2" in exams, and because in EE1 they can ask just about any question you can learn the extra because you may be able to respond to a certan question better.

silvermoon

caffeine fiend
getting the blood out of my caffeine system
HSC
i did I&S (P&P, dolls house, browning): basically everyone learnt 2 really well with enough knowledge of the third that they could talk about it if need be. they usually say "at least 2" and then your found text(s) as well. you'll be safe with 2, but it's a good idea to have a working knowledge of the third in case it would be more applicable for the question

Meads

Drummer Boy
HSC
If you ring up the HSC advice line, they will tell you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)