preparation (1 Viewer)

darshil

Replicant
HSC
Hi there everyone,

I am interested in studying Economics next year at UNSW. Could someone provide me with some suggestions of interesting readings that could help in the future? For example some books by economists or just some that get me to think in economists' shoes.

Thanks!

tallkid34

In 25 words or less
HSC
Hi there everyone,

I am interested in studying Economics next year at UNSW. Could someone provide me with some suggestions of interesting readings that could help in the future? For example some books by economists or just some that get me to think in economists' shoes.

Thanks!
Want to buy some of mine?

I got books on stuff from international macroeconomics to financial econometrics. All UNSW course material btw.

FuJu

HSC
Good to see you're already keen, but my advice would be not to bother. If you've done Economics or Business Studies at HSC level, or even Commerce at a SC level then you'll be way ahead of where you need to be. If you've done none of that, you'll still be ahead of where first year courses assume you will be.

Every course you take in first year will start at square one, assuming nothing (unless it's Assumed Knowledge, I guess, ha). You'll probably find it more engaging if you don't do any extra reading because most of it will be shit boring.

HSC
if you've done it at hs dont bother. if you have done 2u maths and above dont bother

if you havent done either of hte above, then d osome revision. i especially recommend the maths side. you're in for a rude awakening, qma will tear you a new asshole if you're like me and only did general maths, i passed with the skin on my teeth lol

HSC
There's a book at UNSW Bookshop called 'Managing Mathematics' by Watson, $11 for questions and worked solutions for some maffs you'll expect to see in eco

rx34

HSC
Omg, don't bother with preparation. You might lose your drive. The most important thing is attend every lecture and tute, rewatch lectures at home and do your tute work. >Distinction guaranteed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)