Preparation For Enrolment. (1 Viewer)

HSC
Okay firstly i'm doing a bachelor of commerce - actuarial studies combined with a bachelor of applied finance.

Using this:

http://www.efs.mq.edu.au/EFS_docs/programs_of_study2/ug/acst/2008/Applied_Finance_-_2008.pdf (2008 recommened intake)

and this:

Timetable Maker (timetable maker)

I filled in the proposed program form:

http://www.reg.mq.edu.au/Undergrad/Forms/ProposedProgram.pdf

Making sure to choose the appropiate lectures and tutorials that suit me best.

I have watched those vodcasts about enrolling etc and i have a reason idea about what is covered in each unit etc.

With my degree i don't really need to choose units myself, i can just use the recommended intake for the course and do that anyway can't i?

The reason i ask is because i already have between 12 and 15 credit points per semester using the intake guide and i don't really think i should add anymore or repalce any from the intake guide.

I heard something about having to fill a form in to request to take more than 14 cp's per semester, but since my degree includes that do i not have to sign the form or will it be done for me?

Here is my enrolment information:

Enrolment information for the course Bachelor of Applied Finance with Bachelor of Commerce-Actuarial Studies:

Your enrolment preparation session is scheduled for:
Date:Monday 2 February
Time:8:30am to 9:30am

You are strongly encouraged to attend the live session. If you are unable to attend a recording will be shown in E7BT4 at 9:40am and then repeated every hour with the last start time at 2:40pm, and/or you can watch the vodcast..

Academic advising is compulsory. The allocated academic advising timeslot for your surname group is:
Time: 10:30am to 11:30am

Once you have attended academic advising and have had your Proposed Program Form signed, go to Building E4B Room 118.

Do i really need to go the enrolment session? (i might just go anyway though for safety).

So, am i adequately prepared for enrolment?

zeromq

HSC
N/A
For the 14cp thing, there is a part on your proposed program which allows for approval of 14cp or more. An academic advisor in the room that day will sign it and the enrolment operators will approve it for you

vds700

HSC
Okay firstly i'm doing a bachelor of commerce - actuarial studies combined with a bachelor of applied finance.

Using this:

http://www.efs.mq.edu.au/EFS_docs/programs_of_study2/ug/acst/2008/Applied_Finance_-_2008.pdf (2008 recommened intake)

and this:

Timetable Maker (timetable maker)

I filled in the proposed program form:

http://www.reg.mq.edu.au/Undergrad/Forms/ProposedProgram.pdf

Making sure to choose the appropiate lectures and tutorials that suit me best.

I have watched those vodcasts about enrolling etc and i have a reason idea about what is covered in each unit etc.

With my degree i don't really need to choose units myself, i can just use the recommended intake for the course and do that anyway can't i?

The reason i ask is because i already have between 12 and 15 credit points per semester using the intake guide and i don't really think i should add anymore or repalce any from the intake guide.

I heard something about having to fill a form in to request to take more than 14 cp's per semester, but since my degree includes that do i not have to sign the form or will it be done for me?

Here is my enrolment information:

Enrolment information for the course Bachelor of Applied Finance with Bachelor of Commerce-Actuarial Studies:

Your enrolment preparation session is scheduled for:
Time:8:30am to 9:30am

You are strongly encouraged to attend the live session. If you are unable to attend a recording will be shown in E7BT4 at 9:40am and then repeated every hour with the last start time at 2:40pm, and/or you can watch the vodcast..

Academic advising is compulsory. The allocated academic advising timeslot for your surname group is:
Time: 10:30am to 11:30am

Once you have attended academic advising and have had your Proposed Program Form signed, go to Building E4B Room 118.

Do i really need to go the enrolment session? (i might just go anyway though for safety).

So, am i adequately prepared for enrolment?
I'm in exactly the same boat, done my proposed program form, based on the recommended units. I think im gonna skip pre-enrolment, coz i have also watched the videos and understand the process pretty well. (I also have a 1.5 hour gap between enrolment preparation and academic advising, and really dont want to wait this long lol).

btw my ac adv is at 2.30, anyone going at this time?

omarast

HSC
Dont we choose our subjects during this period? Has anyone already chosen theirs if yeah how?

omarast

HSC
Ohok thanks. So have you chosen your units for this semester yet? I m a little confused because I got a phone call saying that you choose your units during academic advise etc, but second year + students have already chosen their subjects and say the deadline is passed.

vds700

HSC
Ohok thanks. So have you chosen your units for this semester yet? I m a little confused because I got a phone call saying that you choose your units during academic advise etc, but second year + students have already chosen their subjects and say the deadline is passed.
yeah i just chose those recommended for acst/app fin, im pretty sure thats what they will tell us to do in the pre-enrolment thing anyway.

You can wait until ac adv. to choose if you want, but note that you have to do your timetable too, which could be quite stressful, having to look through handbook, timetables etc. Much easier imo to do it at home

zeromq

HSC
N/A
You don't have to choose your subjects during academic advising, many people choose before hand and then get it signed and get out as quick as possible (i.e. me)

If you are doing actuarial studies, just follow the recommended plan because that's the easiest and most common way of choosing your subjects

After you get the form signed just bring it down to e4b118 and the enrolment operators will approve the 14cp thing and admit you into the program and voila, you can register classes and all that

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)