Prem Music (1 Viewer)

mazza_728

Manda xoxo
HSC
Just wondering wat people are doing for prem music -- i think my class is behind and its scaring me.. we're doing topics that we dont wanna do and its just getting really boring

Iron-Haggis

Even though I'm doing HSC now, in prelim we did Jazz, music for small ensembles and popular music. Basically we covered each topic for a term each. Although none of our assessment taks had anything to do with Jazz. But in music, I don't think it really matters so much how well you go through each topic, because in the end it becomes a little irrelevant (like the history of the sort of music) what you you do in each. Basically you do your musicology, performance or composition relating to one of the topics, so you just need a basic outline of what the topic involves and if you're having trouble with that, then doing music probably isn't your best choice. But then when you do aural tasks, try and take note of things which are very specific to a certain style, so then when you hear it in an aural exam you can get some brownie points.

tash

lalalala
HSC
ok this may b some for of reassuring news. i'm in yr 12 this yr but last yr in music we did basically nothing, seriously. like we picked topics and did perhaps a composition or performance on it but researching the topic was non-existant.
we didn't have a set class topic or anything full stop! and we sucked at aural but did ok in the end and we're doing really well now (if u didn't realise before this point our teacher was really crap but she left 2 have a baby so now we have 2 awesome teachers!) so as long as u can do aural stuf then u should b fine. i don't think it's that possible 2 be 'behind' in music- u're doing music 1 right? so yeah, don't worry about it

chip

HSC
yeh we had the worst teacher in year 11 just wanted to be our friends and nothing more...... no aural work at all which made us kinda stuffed for this year (she got sacked cause the skool realised she was crappy)

as for topics we did like baroque, medieval music which consisted of heres a textbook summarise.......:(

dont stress about the topics cause you pick what you wanna do in year 12..... (well that what we did anyways so everyones doning completely different things)

just practice lots of aural work cause thats important

Toodulu

werd!
HSC
hmm, last year we did heaps of work for music2. but our teacher kept telling us how in yr12 we'd hav to do less

mazza_728

Manda xoxo
HSC
kewlies thanks guys i kinda feel betta.. because i seriously havent written anything and all we do is practical - im doing AMUS for piano so im pretty confident wif my performance and everything im just shit scared about then whole topics..we didnt even get to choose them .. the teacher chose them for us and they suck! i hate em!

PIE

Hey Mazza, Dont be too worried about the theoretical side of ur topics the way to go is to focus on your musical techniques... Grab a copy of Tash's Music Glossaqry of terms it will be the biggest help to you for you HSC. Trust me if u start learning this stuff now, in your prelim year by the time the HSC comes around U'll be an absolute champ at it

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)