PREliminary year (1 Viewer)

Julie Y

HSC
Hi im Julie
and im starting the beginning senior year ! year 11

i want to ask if i should start getting tutor early in the year .. for maths..ex1
but im actually sacrificing tutor in the beginning of the year for a Japan trip in July..

Is it a good idea to get tutor later in the year .. or is it too late?

--_---------------------------
maths EX 1
ENg adv
Japannese continuers
CHEM
MODERN HISTORY
SLr

FCB

Emma Watson <3
HSC
I reckon you should see how you go in Mx1 first. Hmm, For me, It would be a little too late.

Tofuu

HSC
its not to late, the stuff you do in prelim ext1 math isn't really that hard at all, just takes some practice and getting use to

when you get a tutor, make sure they go through the topics or parts you don't understand

-JD

HSC
Hi Julie :)

well its very much up to you, if you know you've been struggling with a particular subject in the past (while actually trying) I say try and get a tutor as soon as possible to keep on top of it. Otherwise see how the first couple of weeks go and then judge whether you need one then.

I personally am getting Mathematics tutoring as it tends to be one of the subjects I have more difficulties with.

victoria10

HSC
hey i think your better off seing how you go.. go a couple of weeks and see how you go, then if you feel your are struggling get tutoring.

ValentinesM

HSC
Whether or not to get tutoring and when depend on individual needs. If you think you can cope well with the schoolwork, achieve excellent results and perhaps even try to be a little bit ahead or if you prefer to self-teach, then you probably don't need tutoring. Don't feel pressured to get tutoring if you don't need it, even if a lot of people in your class are.

But if you find that there are some concepts you need to clarify upon, you're not achieving the marks you want or you need someone to push you along, then tutoring may be useful for you.

Good luck!

Amogh

HSC
N/A
Step 1. See if you really need any help in the first place (should realise in less than a month)
Step 2. If you do need help, ask that awesome indian kid you know. he'll probably tutor you for FUN.
Step 3: If Step 2's a fail (most likely) and you reaaaaaaaally need help, get a real tutor. Maths is more important than japanese..pssht :p

Julie Y

HSC
Step 1. See if you really need any help in the first place (should realise in less than a month)
Step 2. If you do need help, ask that awesome indian kid you know. he'll probably tutor you for FUN.
Step 3: If Step 2's a fail (most likely) and you reaaaaaaaally need help, get a real tutor. Maths is more important than japanese..pssht :p

LOL amogh... indian kid... (you)
i like jap but yea atm i just got maths hw ,, and it's hard..
i should think about getting tutoring ;)

Julie Y

HSC
Whether or not to get tutoring and when depend on individual needs. If you think you can cope well with the schoolwork, achieve excellent results and perhaps even try to be a little bit ahead or if you prefer to self-teach, then you probably don't need tutoring. Don't feel pressured to get tutoring if you don't need it, even if a lot of people in your class are.

But if you find that there are some concepts you need to clarify upon, you're not achieving the marks you want or you need someone to push you along, then tutoring may be useful for you.

Good luck!
THAnks !
your advice is a great help ! & everyone too :D:D

Julie Y

HSC
Hi Julie :)

well its very much up to you, if you know you've been struggling with a particular subject in the past (while actually trying) I say try and get a tutor as soon as possible to keep on top of it. Otherwise see how the first couple of weeks go and then judge whether you need one then.

I personally am getting Mathematics tutoring as it tends to be one of the subjects I have more difficulties with.
mm yes i should experience 2-3 weeks of ex maths :cold:
thankss for ur advice :skip:

harrisony

goodbye cruel world
HSC
N/A
LOL amogh... indian kid... (you)
i like jap but yea atm i just got maths hw ,, and it's hard..
i should think about getting tutoring ;)
It's your first day, It will be hard, You have been lazy over the holidays, it's expected. I would personally wait until you have gone through a few topics (so in a few weeks time) and then reevulating the situation.

Personally, asking the teacher in class and asking them outside of class has always worked for me :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)