Preliminary IP - Monologue; literally know nothing (1 Viewer)

hotandspice

HSC
Hi there ive got a monologue due in about 5-6 weeks, and Ive got to be honest I have no idea what to do. Literally in year 9 and 10 I was doing drama coz I loved it but i hardly put any effort into it
I wanna do it for HSC and i need to know where to start for a monologue.
I got this IP just before school holidays so my teacher hasn't really gone into depth with it, Im not to sure whether to write my own or uses someone elses play.

I myself don't really know what my strengths are, I guess im just really confident and out going, that probably masks my inadequacies; last year for a monologue I did this coz it looked really fun but does year 7-10 even matter? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=84K6Zvvem-Y I played the gennie

Im more comfortable doing serious then comedy; any suggestions on where to start looking for a monologue>? Or atleast some ideas about the elements of drama, LOL not even joking I know nothing.

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
The elements of drama are the things that go into making a performance: character, genre, timing, movement etc.

Locate a copy of Samuel Beckett's short plays, it should have around 20 something in it. There's a lot of really well written, strong structured pieces in there that you could adapt. Plus, while its reasonably serious, there are strong humorous elements underpinning it as well.

thrillkiller

HSC
Did you sing aswell? You should look at comedians monologues or something for example rowan atkinsons welcome to hell is pretty good

hotandspice

HSC
YES I DID SING
it was really funny :)

Would the NSW state library have these plays?/monologues?

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
YES I DID SING
it was really funny :)

Would the NSW state library have these plays?/monologues?
Most likely. I'm in Wollongong, and the uni library has them.

Don't do Welcome to Hell. It's is unbelievably overdone.

hotandspice

HSC
All right sweet Ill go take a look tommrow
In terms of the elements of drama should I look into some theory etc or will it come as I just prepare my monologue?

Edit: I just watched welcome to hell, hahah its super funny,
Ill try and pick something original :)

sarche

HSC
Hey ! What monologue did you end up doing? I need help for a monologue too!

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
Hey ! What monologue did you end up doing? I need help for a monologue too!
Start reading now. It's the only way you'll find something good. Ask you're teacher to recommend you some playwrights.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)