Preliminary Exams (1 Viewer)

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
All my assessments and exams are done as of now 10:39 PM. Feels so satisfying finishing prelims.

Good job everyone, you all did great especially since these prelims were online. Please take care of yourself and enjoy the last week as a refresher to catch up on anything or just chill out. Awesome effort!

Epicman69

HSC
All my assessments and exams are done as of now 10:39 PM. Feels so satisfying finishing prelims.

Good job everyone, you all did great especially since these prelims were online. Please take care of yourself and enjoy the last week as a refresher to catch up on anything or just chill out. Awesome effort!
CONGRATS :cool: I've still got Phys and Bio 😞

may22

HSC

You too! It’s been a crazy last term of year 11, but we’re done (or almost)

zaddiaone

HSC
Hey everyone, just a quick question. How many terms are in year 12? Like is it 4 or 3 terms? Anyway, good luck to all still going with their prelims.
Congrats to all also done with their prelims.🙂😄

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
Hey everyone, just a quick question. How many terms are in year 12? Like is it 4 or 3 terms? Anyway, good luck to all still going with their prelims.
Congrats to all also done with their prelims.🙂😄
4 terms. Our HSC starts next term.

totally_screwed

Baddest Member
HSC
wait so does the HSC exams start in early term 5 or end of term 4? do we have a full 4 terms to complete content?
yes basically. you get 4 full terms of yr12 then hsc starts in "term 5" around week 2/3/4, I can't remember exactly

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
Anyone knowing what subjects they're dropping or if they're keeping their subjects to Year 12? Or even what subjects you're picking up?

FesuY

HSC
Anyone knowing what subjects they're dropping or if they're keeping their subjects to Year 12? Or even what subjects you're picking up?
Dropping physics cause the teacher is as useful as a dead corpse.

FesuY

HSC
I'm also dropping physics, it's the literal bane of my existence
Agreed, its a pain in the ass. I literally should have done any other science, but it is what it is. I just cant imagine doing physics next year with a teacher who encourages students to drop if they arent capable of achieving a band 6.

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
I have a biased teacher for physics and its like a white secret that the teacher is biased to a student because they talk out of class and in class and go off topic, its like a white secret in our class, but my love for the subject made me stay irrespective of that. Its a shame that such amazing and wonderful subjects are muddled by uninterested or unqualified teachers.

Eagle Mum

HSC
N/A
I have a biased teacher for physics and its like a white secret that the teacher is biased to a student because they talk out of class and in class and go off topic, its like a white secret in our class, but my love for the subject made me stay irrespective of that. Its a shame that such amazing and wonderful subjects are muddled by uninterested or unqualified teachers.
I suspect that physics is the subject with the fewest capable teachers. It’s quite possible (?likely) your physics teacher is engaging in these irrelevant conversations as a time waster to hide the fact that s/he can’t actually teach the topic content. My husband, daughter & son have all had similar experiences to yours. At least, in this present age, the internet is a rich resource for students who want to pursue physics in spite of their teachers.

coolpankake

HSC
N/A
Hi, I must write entry test for Math Advanced/Math Extension for year 11. Anyone maybe have some of these Entry test that I can practise. Thanks

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
I got 100% for physics
I got 98% for MX1
I got 100% for Maths Advanced
I got 100% for IPT

Yet to get Eco, English and business

I'll try to get the exam papers so I can share it with anyone who's looking to revise or for future Year 11s.

Last edited:

may22

HSC
I got 100% for physics
I got 98% for MX1
I got 100% for Maths Advanced
I got 100% for IPT

Yet to get Eco, English and business

I'll try to get the exam papers so I can share it with anyone who's looking to revise or for future Year 11s.
Wow! Incredible marks! Congrats 🥳

may22

HSC
Can I ask how tough your exams were? Because my teachers didn’t really compensate for difficulty despite doing everything online 😅

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
Can I ask how tough your exams were? Because my teachers didn’t really compensate for difficulty despite doing everything online 😅
Yeah it was pretty easy but they included 1 or 2 hard questions despite being online, definitely easier than normal prelims but its a given. But there were some explain questions that were really hard so some people got 80% or 85% even though they could have went online. The time limit was shorter as well and they made us turn on webcams so you couldn't really cheat.

So in theory most questions were free marks but some questions were purposely difficult

may22

HSC
mainly for math, we had tough questions with a sparse few free marks sprinkled in but the sciences were okay

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)