Preliminary content appearing in the HSC Content (1 Viewer)

tazmim

HSC
Apparently Preliminary Content reappears in the HSC and 35% of it appears according to some mates, is this true? I have kept my 2 bulks of Maths Practice papers in my room so I wonder if it was worth taking the space. How difficult are the Prelim questions? Entry level (aka batshit easy), homework question level, time consuming or difficult(complex problem solving with can also be time consuming at the same time)?

Also separate question: can you take EXT 1 from Year 12? If you have seen my previous thread, I did go to Std English after Prelims to kick off workload. On top of wanting to make it up (since I'm going to drop a 2 unit subject as well), I find Maths enjoyable and it's probably my best subject. I have a book that includes both 2U and 3U courses and 3U isn't too difficult to learn if you know 2U well (the hardest part of 3U I'd say is actually learning it and your first attempts). I did great in 2U and people who get the same (or sameish) marks as me get really good in 3U as well. But at the same time I don't know if its worth the risk because I haven't even been in the Preliminary MATHSXT1 class or done any of their exams in exam condition. How much prelim content gets into the HSC content of XT 1?

rian

HSC
this is a great question, i'm also interested in knowing how much prelim content gets into the hsc

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Up to 30% of the HSC exam can be prelim content, so 30 marks can come from prelim.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)