Prelim Work in the Exam (1 Viewer)

aud

HSC
Just a q- how much Prelim work should we know for the actual exam? I checked the syllabus and all the supporting docs, but none of them clarify. I mean, not just things like fabric structure, but like the value of textiles, certain parts of the industry, etc. I suppose they could ask it, right? The whole Prelim course is under the same headings

Ahh... so much work for T&D... if only it wasn't squashed between my 4U and 3U Maths...

libgem

officially, i don't think they test any of it, but in areas like the multiple choice etc, they might ask things we did in yr 11, just assuming we should know it!

btw where did you find the syllabus? because on BOS I can only find out where it outlines the topic, and hrs etc, not what we should know for each!!!

I'm just doing my printing/dyeing notes now!!!
This might be a silly Q, but are marbling, batik & tie dyeing dyeing or printing? I would assume dyeing but i have them written as printing somewhere>?

aud

HSC
You can get the syllabus here:
http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/syllabus_hsc/pdf_doc/textilesdesign_syl.pdf (pdf file)
or
http://www.boardofstudies.nsw.edu.au/syllabus_hsc/pdf_doc/textilesdesign_syl.doc (Word file)

It's pretty good - outlines everything they can test in the exam... but doesn't clarify the Prelim/HSC stuff, grr...

Asked a friend, they said up to 25%... :(

As for marbling, batik & tie dyeing;
- marbling is PRINTING because it's a surface coating of dye
- batik is PRINTING & DYEING, since the surface is printed upon with wax, then dyed at a later stage to get the required effect
- tie dyeing is DYEING... for obvious reasons

mizz_smee

has a fetish 4 handcuffs
HSC
i was wondering if anyone knows what the process is for applique
or what it is? it is in the syllabus
but i never really learnt it and i noticed that they asked a question on it last year
we got given the sylabus at the begining of the year
arn't teachers required to give you it?
thats what i thought anyway

HSC
N/A
Man, I am just looking at all my textile notes and cringing... :'(

Not happy Jan! Oh well, at least I know we're all groaning through this together...

aud

HSC
mizz_smee said:
i was wondering if anyone knows what the process is for applique
or what it is? it is in the syllabus
but i never really learnt it and i noticed that they asked a question on it last year
we got given the sylabus at the begining of the year
arn't teachers required to give you it?
thats what i thought anyway
Process for applique... from the top of my head, it's the attachment of stiffening to the back of a fabric that is cut into a particular shape, placed on top of another base fabric and edge stitched around in a narrow and short zigzag stitch... it's not a great explanation, but I'm sure you can wing it in the exam if they ask

libgem

I just got out my prelim notes for ATCF&AI and they seem quite relevant, but nothing we haven't really covered in yr 12- just tariffs, quotas etc

I don;t think they can exclusovely test yr 11 work, just that it is a basis for what we learned in yr 12!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)