Prelim. Study Guides (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nhoustonrocks

HSC
Uni Grad
Hi All,

During the holidays, I want to start kinda studying for my prelim courses, especially Mathematics and English Advanced as they are probably my weaker subjects.

What brand (e.g. Excel, Dot Point, Macquarie etc..) would you recommend for the following subjects:

- English Advanced
- Mathematics
- Biology
- Geography
- Business Studies
- Economics

any help will be appreciated!

suzlee

HSC
I'd like the same help for the subjects in my sig...
thanks

TBK11

HSC
nhoustonrocks said:
Hi All,

During the holidays, I want to start kinda studying for my prelim courses, especially Mathematics and English Advanced as they are probably my weaker subjects.

What brand (e.g. Excel, Dot Point, Macquarie etc..) would you recommend for the following subjects:

- English Advanced
- Mathematics
- Biology
- Geography
- Business Studies
- Economics

any help will be appreciated!
hmm i got a book from my library its called "Senior English outcomes"
and that covers the whole Stage 6 English course id reccommend that for English i reckon its the best one out on the market (i may be wrong)

as for biology and business studies go for Dot Point they go into real depth and detail+ they cover the syallbus.

the rest not sure but one thing dont buy Excel for maths they are shocking

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Um...if you really want to get ahead, try getting ahead for maths. It's probably the best subject to get ahead as you may be able to use your teachers' guidance as a revision guide.

I suggest you take 2 unit fitzy for 2 unit maths. This is the best 2 unit book that I have come across. This is the book that got me 100 in 2 unit. (or most of it). Excel is indeed useful but if you are short on money, don't bother. It's not necessary. So buy 2 unit fitzy definitely and get cambridge if you can.

Those 2 books are enough to get you 100. And do heaps of past papers. I only used those books basically for 2 unit with the little help with 50 tips 2 unit excel (this is another awesome 2 unit book btw).

Good luck.

EDIT:

OH, don't get excels for eco/business/english, they are complete rubbish. Get textbooks. Few 10s of dollars will get you so much better quality of books. I suggest leading edge for both business and eco, or business books by codsi is another great book. For English, just learn from teachers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)