prelim studies of re assessment (1 Viewer)

angel88

HSC
hi, i currently have an assessment for prelim studies of religion where i have to write two essays, one on the great schism and one of the influence of the printing press on the reformation, if anyone here has done this can u pls help me as i'm having problems finding relevent info. thanks

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
try searching on google using "the renaissance" as your search term (for the printing press)...can also try "guttenberg+printing press" or "printing press+reformation" to get some information. (tried both search terms and they came up with infprmation that you can use)

for the schism, try the catholic encyclopedia online (you will have to look this one up as I cant/wont do your work for you....not the purpose of this forum nor are we here to do your research for you!! :) )
have fun....

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
Originally posted by snapperhead
try searching on google using "the renaissance" as your search term (for the printing press)...can also try "guttenberg+printing press" or "printing press+reformation" to get some information. (tried both search terms and they came up with infprmation that you can use)

for the schism, try the catholic encyclopedia online (you will have to look this one up as I cant/wont do your work for you....not the purpose of this forum nor are we here to do your research for you!! :) )
have fun....
hahah you're turning bitter (don't worry i know your reasons) ;)

The east west schism.

*occured when Eastern and Western Christian churches separated from each other. political, cultural and doctrinal differences contributed to the schism.

*When the final split occured in 1054 doctrinal issues were given as the cause. two issues of particular importance were:
1) Papal authority
2) the filioque controversy

Im too lazy to write anymore there is a heap out there, its a start. :)

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
a little bitter but you have to agree that some of the requests are a bit ummm, "lazy"......
LOL. I promise to be nicer (like I was in this post...)

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
lol i thought you were rather nice actually telling people what keywords to use!!

i would have just bah screw you, one word...google

i'm waiting for all these assessments to be over and when people start studying for trials and the hsc....that's when real questions can be answered
and when this forum can be used for what it was designed for

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
there's another one (see thread "has anyone done this"). Its from a first time poster but its basically asking for an assignment as s/he gives an email address !!! (spam time???)

I thought I was pretty restrained on that one as well!

But yes, I am trying to be nice as I can see my bitchiness coming back to haunt me one day...(has dreams of controling the SOR forum and then taking over the world and....opps *wakes up*)
LOL :)

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
Originally posted by snapperhead
a little bitter but you have to agree that some of the requests are a bit ummm, "lazy"......
LOL. I promise to be nicer (like I was in this post...)
nicer? pfft don't do that i need some entertainment that lasts a few seconds:p

gah sor is so boring right now i want t go back to religion in australia till now topic it was easy. stupid rites

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
i found rites the most interesting
well it's mainly because i always liked finding out more information about other cultures

religion in australia is alright because it is just a reharsh of yr9/10 australian history

Tenille

the one & only
HSC
Originally posted by redslert

religion in australia is alright because it is just a reharsh of yr9/10 australian history
exactley, easy ahah i used my year 9/10 history book for most f it, that can't be good... rites are alright but they are a bit i don't know hmm (another useless post)

santaslayer

HSC
Rites is one of the broader topic areas within RE. Usually anything can be referred to, and I'm not sure on this, but I don't believe the majority of the markers know a whole lot, or in depth into a religion other than Chrisitianity so this is one area in the RE exam where you can grab some 'freebie' marks. :uhhuh:

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by santaslayer
Rites is one of the broader topic areas within RE. Usually anything can be referred to, and I'm not sure on this, but I don't believe the majority of the markers know a whole lot, or in depth into a religion other than Chrisitianity so this is one area in the RE exam where you can grab some 'freebie' marks. :uhhuh:
wouldnt assume that as markers have to be proficient in at *least* two areas and 2 religions before they are even considered for marking (+ the length of teaching the course clause....).
That combined with the fact that there are "experts in the field" present at marking as well eg Muslims, Jews, Protestant ministers etc.... the senior markers usually know what they are doing as well....

angel88

HSC
thankyou very much for your help, but you didnt have to be rude about it. if u dont find its ur "job" to do research, not that i was asking u to, then dont reply to the post. i was only asking if others had done it, as whenever i did a search (on google for your information, )about a million different reformations came up, i simply wasnt sure if i was meant to be doing the protestant reformation or catholic reformation, hence the enquiring if anyone else had done the same one. yes i know i could ask my teacher, but i hadnt seen her as we got the assignment during exams when we didnt have to attend classes and i was trying to get a headstart on my assessment, but was a bit confused as we hadnt done it in class yet

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
lol this one is a live one!
first time i see them come back to tell us off for helping!!

you see angel88, if you had wrote what you did above in the first post, letting us know that you've already done some work, our reply would be completely different

another thing, if we don't reply, then no one else would. the religion forum isn't exactly buzzing with people

snapperhead

Has decided to retire
HSC
N/A
who was being rude? I thought i was being rather helpful actually.....
As red said, more information in a post means we dont sit here wondering why should we help you... (if you look objectively at what you wrote, on the surface, it really looks like you are being lazy.... esp. for a prelim task!)
But Im glad you came back to tell us off...most blow in and blow out (makes you feel a bit used actaully).
I offer a genuine welcome to the SOR forum and I sincerely hope that we see you back here posting questions and responses and being as jaded and cynical as Tenile, Red and I!!!!!
:)

angel88

HSC
just wanna say thanks for ur help,, i understand how my message was misinterpreted, i didnt intend for it to be worded so badly, but i was doing a million other things at the same time, and not really concentrating on the wording etc. i didnt mean that you were being rude for helping, i apologise and thankyou again for your help,, will prob talk to you some other time for advice or discussion!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)