Prelim Course (1 Viewer)

Farscape

HSC
I'm currently in yr11 and had my first exams for the year (which i failed), my yearly exams are in a few weeks. If I manage to just pass the prelim course will I still be able to make up for itn yr12 to get a UAI of 80+ If I try hard enough? Because I underestimated yr11 and now its come back and hit me hard. (Yes I'm learning it the hard way and I know it now)

Also does any prelim course marks count towards your HSC or UAI

Thanks

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
First question, yes, you can easily make up your marks and get the UAI you are aiming for if you work hard enough in year 12.

Second question, absolutely no preliminary marks go towards your final HSC mark or to your UAI, so you start off with a clean slate for year 12.

live.fast

HSC
N/A
Soul searcher's lying to ya sonny, sorry to be da one to tell ya..

everyfink since yr 10 School certificate onwards goes to your HSC...so if you're screwing up now, you're screwed unless you get almost perfect marks in ur end of year exams.

looks like you're screwed =)

karnoganguli

HSC
Er livefast where'd you get your information from? Soulsearcher is right but the preliminary course is an indication of your standard and what your capable of. However, year 12 is a clean slate and you have to put the effort in to get what you want (ie. slog your ass of)

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
live.fast said:

everyfink since yr 10 School certificate onwards goes to your HSC...so if you're screwing up now, you're screwed unless you get almost perfect marks in ur end of year exams.

English counts as well - looks like you're screwed =)

@karnoganguli: His trying to funny, sad but true.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Farscape said:

Thanks
In some schools the final preliminary assessment for 2 and 3u maths may be worth up to 15% of your HSC assessment, though most teachers choose not to do this. All other preliminary subjects will have no impact on the UAI however they do create a foundation for further study in the HSC.

horsegal

HSC
Farscape said:
I'm currently in yr11 and had my first exams for the year (which i failed), my yearly exams are in a few weeks. If I manage to just pass the prelim course will I still be able to make up for itn yr12 to get a UAI of 80+ If I try hard enough? Because I underestimated yr11 and now its come back and hit me hard. (Yes I'm learning it the hard way and I know it now)

Thanks
Your prelim marks don't go towards you HSC, so you're okay in that department, but if you don't pick up your game really soon, you're probably stuffed. Sorry to sound harsh, but it's true.
I would advise you start studying now! The marks may not go towards the HSC, but you still need to know the work.

Don't give up now! I'm sure you can still get you 80+ UAI if you work really hard. Good luck!

live.fast

HSC
N/A
you silly kids you had to go and ruin it...if you'd gone along with the flow, the kid would have done better for the prelims!

bloody oath.

SoulSearcher

Entangled in the fabric of space-time ...
HSC
live.fast said:

Mate, and I use the term loosely here, people actually come on here looking for help. Don't give them bullshit answers, and don't try to be a smart ass and make everything a joke, because these people are genuinely looking for help, and will not tolerate bullshit.
you silly kids you had to go and ruin it...if you'd gone along with the flow, the kid would have done better for the prelims!

bloody oath.
Don't try and justify incorrect advice.

Last edited:

live.fast

HSC
N/A
Sheesh, someone can't take a joke....

You gotta loosen up son, before you give yourself a heart attack. =)

Last edited:

live.fast

HSC
N/A
Here's a new word to add to your vocab, soulsearcher:

Joke: a triviality not to be taken seriously

You learn something new everyday =)

live.fast

HSC
N/A
hell yes! :D

and at least my advice would have been beneficial :p

Last edited:

501n2u

HSC
I was told that it was easy to get over 80+ UAI, and that it's a lot harder if you're aiming for an UAI of 95+.. is that true?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)