Prelim Chem Exam: what would you do in this situation? (1 Viewer)

nandayo

ismist
HSC
Or better yet, what would you do in this situation.

Sat my Prelim Chem paper today, and it was the Independent one I think. Everyone in the class thought it was pretty tough, then one girl goes "as if it was", "my tutor and I did like a really similar paper" - take a look at the one she did with her tutor, low and behold - it's the same goddamn paper!>?

So, do you bite your lip? Tell teach? Or other? Can something like this happen in the HSC year?

Hmmmm

z600

Sigh.....
HSC
Re: Wwjd?

two scenarios

1) Her tutor wrote the paper (unless he/she teaches at your school thats unlikely)

2) You school teachers copied it from someone (this is common actually), further to this, it defeats the purpose of that bloody "HSC my own work thing".

Solution: If you are the type that are unafraid to fight the school, i say go for it take it up. (grab some support before you this)

If you are the type that dont think its worth the trouble, then leave it to someone else. I am sure someone else will complain.

Thats just ridiculous how she did a exact same past paper....

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC

There's no point in fighting it, you don't have a case. It's not an uncommon occurance for schools to recycle the same papers, and it's not uncommon for tutoring centres to get hold of them. This girl in your grade is fucking lucky, but there's nothing the school can do about it since I severely doubt they themselves are at fault or have done anything wrong. Sure you can think it's kind of unfair, but that's life.

LordPc

HSC

the exact same paper? and it was the independent paper?

little odd there. so yea, you might be able to drum up enough support from others and let them take the case. should prolly do something though, as if she gets a great mark, it wasnt really "earnt"

simonloo

may our bodies remain
HSC
N/A

Most likely the ARC paper which schools/tutor centres have access to. Same thing happened at my school.
If you cant them, join em. Go tutoring.

KING CAL

Banned
HSC

If you actually rat her out, you're a tool. Who cares, it's year 11.

Plus the fact that I doubt you'll be very popular for ratting someone out.

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC

What's to rat out though? She hasn't done anything wrong.

/thread. Now.

cs01001

HSC

It's not uncommon for schools to recycle past papers, I would say just leave it.

KING CAL

Banned
HSC

Exactly, yesterday my legal studies yearly recyled like 40% of the questions from the half yearly which I was reading as I walked to school.

Score - finished within 90 mins of the 3 hour exam.

nandayo

ismist
HSC

Jachie said:
What's to rat out though? She hasn't done anything wrong.

/thread. Now.
Exactly, that's the problem.

Meh, Year 11. Still, can't say it's not annoying.

simplistic

nice as ice
HSC

you'll live and no it never happns in year 12 ( if you use the cssa or neap or other papers which are used by mnay schools) coz there's an issue date on all of them

nandayo

ismist
HSC
So, nobody said anything - but today we get called into the lab at lunch and our Chem teach and one of the exec. staff were there. Apparently the girl's answer and the suggested answer were pretty much identical so:

Another exam after holidays. :bomb:

Edu.kid

HSC
I guess its not her fault but i would have still said something but indirectly to someone who would do something. The fact of the matter is its not fair and you wouldn't want it happening in the HSC. Imagine if this was the HSC and she came first as a result. Never be afraid to speak up cause it doesn't matter what others think. However it would be awfully hard if it was your friend or someone you know well.....:eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)