Prelim 2015 Chit Chat Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProdigyInspired

Tafe Advocate
HSC
Got my grade for 2U & Extension 1, not the rest though but probably next week. Our school doesn't do rankings which I am kind of mad about, but I'm disappointed with my grades either way.

2U - B, got about 85% on the exam.
Ext1 - C, got 60% on the exam. Messed up in the topic test and assignment so even though I got higher in exam than those who got B's, I got marked down.
Honestly disappointed I didn't get higher, do you guys have any tips on how to improve? Also, should I really care about report grades which aren't relevant to future ATAR or RoSA marks?

For my other subjects I think I'd probably get
Business Studies - A
Chemistry - B
Biology - B
Physics - B
English Adv - B

And I'm being optimistic :p

Last edited:

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
Got my grade for 2U & Extension 1, not the rest though but probably next week. Our school doesn't do rankings which I am kind of mad about, but I'm disappointed with my grades either way.

Ext1 - C, got 60% on the exam. Messed up in the topic test and assignment so even though I got higher in exam than those who got B's, I got marked down.
Honestly disappointed I didn't get higher, do you guys have any tips on how to improve? Also, should I really care about report grades which aren't relevant to future ATAR or RoSA marks?

Business Studies - A
Chemistry - B
Biology - B
Physics - B
English Adv - B

Good job :)

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad

Business Studies - A
Chemistry - B
Biology - B
Physics - B
English Adv - B

You shouldn't worry too much about your Year 11 results themselves - because they won't count towards your ATAR.

However, you should learn from your mistakes (e.g. exam technique, study technique, balance between study and leisure, etc.) and aim to fix/get rid of any ineffective study habits which have led to any disappointing results.

The cause for concern aren't the results themselves but the way in which the results have came about.

Keep experimenting with study techniques while you can in Year 11 :)

barcyy

HSC

Business Studies - A
Chemistry - B
Biology - B
Physics - B
English Adv - B

shiet man we have nearly identical results

blackbird_14

HSC
Wait, you guys still need a tafe account to access sites like Youtube? Isn't these sites unblocked for seniors at your school?
I can access YouTube without a tafe account, however, to get to like any other blocked site you'll probably need a tafe account (but I don't know of any!)

Ambility

HSC
I just got my report, thought I'd share my rankings.

English (Advanced)
13/25

Mathematics
1/27

Mathematics Extension 1
1/8

Engineering Studies
1/17

Chemistry
1/18

Physics
1/13

Business Studies
3/41

Sien

将来: NEET
HSC

English (Advanced)
13/25

Mathematics
1/27

Mathematics Extension 1
1/8

Engineering Studies
1/17

Chemistry
1/18

Physics
1/13

Business Studies
3/41
nice! you have a really small cohort, much envy

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC

English (Advanced)
13/25

Mathematics
1/27

Mathematics Extension 1
1/8

Engineering Studies
1/17

Chemistry
1/18

Physics
1/13

Business Studies
3/41
Good job :D! But wow, that cohort. Do you have a large cohort that prefers to not Science? LOL

Ambility

HSC
Good job :D! But wow, that cohort. Do you have a large cohort that prefers to not Science? LOL
It's a cohort of about 90 students. Physics is on the same line as music and legal studies, so not many did physics. Also, what's the big deal about cohorts? Aren't you competing against the state? I'd probably rather have a larger cohort so I have more competition to motivate me.

wutisthis

HSC
N/A
It's a cohort of about 90 students. Physics is on the same line as music and legal studies, so not many did physics. Also, what's the big deal about cohorts? Aren't you competing against the state? I'd probably rather have a larger cohort so I have more competition to motivate me.
nah, it's easier to get a higher rank in a smaller cohort and you can work together too. My cohort is huge, about 100+ people in mainstream subjects like bio etc

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
Smaller cohort means smaller competition. It also means that someone might not really get the scope of the true competition outside of their school

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
Smaller cohort means smaller competition. It also means that someone might not really get the scope of the true competition outside of their school
exactly, that is what is happening with me atm...But I need to change that mindset

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)