Preferences? (1 Viewer)

kewlu

Banned
HSC
Re: First Preferences?

s-AINT said:
You see on the letter how it says it MUST be payed within 7 days?
I wonder what happens if you don't pay in seven days? Unfortunately, I can't afford to pay $49.00 atm.
What letter?

And like you'd go and see Manson. Ergh.

~untitled~

HSC

For QTAC
Speech pathology @ UQ
Biomedical science @ Griffith
Arts philosophy at @ UQ

And for UAC
Speech pathology @ Newcastle
Then @ charles sturt

Should get into one of those.... assuming nothing goes horribly wrong.

Haha, and i have my own credit card...

kewlu

Banned
HSC

s-AINT said:
This letter:
Interesting.

@Sandie: YOU HAVE A CREDIT CARD?

At least someone in this relationship does.

beentherdunthat

HSC

magpam said:
LOL :rofl:

anyways definitly decided not going to uni
:wave: So, what you going to do?

magpam said:
(not like im going to make it anyway)
... and what if you do ? ;)

magpam said:
just that ive heard lots of scary stories bout it... stories which don't involve bludging :santa:
O M F G. Damns, what a nightmare

Sweet Saz

HSC

Bachelor of Arts (Japanese) / Bachelor of Commerce (International Business) @ UOW

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A

Magpam, university isn't difficult if you enjoy the course content.
See, most people who complain the work is 2 hard are usually people who chose a certain course because of the graduating salary, and have no genuine interest in the subjects.
Like half the medical students on this forum, they know more about the graduate pay than they do the course content.
Go 2 MSO and you'll meet many eggs who are struggling to understand basic ideas because their brain is too far incompetent to understand the importance of the course content, amongst other things.

Lodge your application 2 university mate, but select courses & subjects you will enjoy, and understand.

Last edited:

careee

HSC

does anyone know, on average, how many courses get offered to you in the end? say, if i had 9 preferences, would i only get one offer?

kewlu

Banned
HSC

careee said:
does anyone know, on average, how many courses get offered to you in the end? say, if i had 9 preferences, would i only get one offer?
You get offered the highest course you're eligible for for. And you only get one CSP and one DFEE offer per round.

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A

Anyone have troubles changing preferences?
Dam internet connection.

Buiboi

HSC
N/A

trials have fucked me over sideways...now i dunno what course i could select as 1st pref, dun think my uai will be high enough for any courses i want

Fish Sauce

HSC
N/A

I'm strongly considering Architecture at the moment, but not sure where. It seems that a lot of Unis are introducing or altering the course they offer so I'll have to try and work it all out.

Buiboi

HSC
N/A

does anyone know the difference between pharmacy and pharmacology?

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC

s-AINT said:
Like half the medical students on this forum, they know more about the graduate pay than they do the course content.
Go 2 MSO and you'll meet many eggs who are struggling to understand basic ideas because their brain is too far incompetent to understand the importance of the course content, amongst other things.
I do take offence to that :p

I know that we don't discuss course content .. it because it is so vast.. and medicine is a generalist professions degree and apprenticeship.. lik engineering and law..

i spent today being assessed on a topic talk 'beyond' the curriculum (pancreatic pseudocysts) that i had 30 mins to prepare a 10min talk on it (30 mins is all u get for this assessment).. in fact there is no course contents in many cases.. discrete medical science subject 101 is a pipe dream for medical students in most courses

I think u need to reassess ure opinions of the medical students on this board cos frankly .. we do 1 semesters worth of microbiology in like 2hrs.. and I did 1 yrs worth of BSc -Immunology in 1 semester on top of a full medical semester.. and we stil pulled of comparable marks.

Our work involves using up to date statistical work to make judgements in every patient. its not like we use damn CTs, xrays, other imaging and tests all day and run off to our books to find the answer. We use honed judgements and figure the cause of problems.. there are no real equipment to get 100% of information. I can figure u have an appendicitis just based on a few mins with u. No blood test necessary.

get off ure high horse.. we work very hard .. expecting renumeration for these skills and length of training is not "shallow" its what any other profession would do.. i love my course content.. despite the fact that a 1188 page book only has about 60% of the diseases that i need to know.. and i will be expected to read.. at least 4 times (harrison's textbook of int Med) and this is not the only book..we do clinics as well and diagnostic work .

i realli do hope u make med one day.. and truly experience how 4-6 yrs does not make u ready for anything

Buiboi said:
does anyone know the difference between pharmacy and pharmacology?
pharmacy degree is a professional degree.. this allows u to dispense medications
pharmacology is the basic sciences of drug interactions with the body..

Last edited:

poppop

HSC
N/A

B Design Interior Design/ B Arts in International Studies UTS UAI 94.45
B Design Visual Communication/ B Arts in International Studies UTS UAI 97.95
B Design Visual Communication UTS UAI 90.05
B Design UNSW UAI 85

JBALECH

HSC

i dont even know what i want to ! :( STRESS.

i dont even know wat area i wanna go into.

i should get a uai over 75 :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)