Prefects/ captains etc (1 Viewer)

Rebecca1234

HSC
Hi Today i got the role of being prefect .... i am just curious as to what responsibilities prefects get at your school??
Plz let me know! Thx

Bank$

HSC
At my school prefects are just a group of students that are there to help teachers and do all the shit jobs :(

cupcake08

HSC
Bank$ said:
At my school prefects are just a group of students that are there to help teachers and do all the shit jobs

yeah, all we get to do is put the school flags up and stop the little juniors from killing themselves on the roads after school :(

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
Yeah we do heaps. Prefects and captains both have the same amount of involvement in organising events for younger years, and other school events. Basically we plan events, organise them, come up with new ideas to implement in the next term or so, meetings with the principals concerning issues, and other stuff. At the moment, we're involved in a public speaking course, which is helping us to speak infront of hundreds of people.

gerg tenrab 07

Tip the Scales
HSC
basically the captains and vice-captains are just part of the SRC at my school. The captains get more credit than the vice-captains though, even though so far the vice-captains have done more work

Loza33

HSC
We have designated prefects... like music prefect, sport prefect, service and school activities prefect, SRC prefect... boarding house captains, etc. We also have captains too.. they are all prefects with black ties and vests... and then there is sporting house captains, who are technically 'leaders' but not prefects... its quite a hierachy but gives all the prefects/leaders a designated job!! which helps us knowning what we need ot do and for who!

jdcb4

HSC
We have Head Prefect
2 Deputy head Prefects
12 Other prefects (Variable, 12 this year)
Captains of Speech, Equestrian, Agriculture, Drama
House Captains
Academic Comitee

The school is sort of going for a broad 'leadership group' but the hierarchy is something along the lines of HP>DHP>Prefects>Captains of Speech etc>House Captains and Academic Commitee

House captains organise the house events, like house swimming carnival etc, Captains of various areas organise events in their area, prefects do various jobs.
Prefect used to be way more prestigous and more responsibilities were attached but now it oinvolves a lot less. Basically bust smokers and look good.
Prefects in the Boarding house also have a few extra duties to do.
People also can double up roles, eg I got prefect, Captrain of Speech and Academic Comittee
Oh, and ours are awarded at speech day, last day of term 4.

redom

HSC
Our shool tries to make being a prefect prestigous or something, so they remain motivated to do some of the schools dirty work. Im a prefect myself, and i dont think its that great or anything, not that much work, but gets you doing things u wouldnt usually do, eg hosting assembly, and presentation nights etc. The plus side is that your associated with alot of leadership program thingis, go on a few more excursions which gets awards and looks ok in your cv thingi.

Dancegirl99

HSC
Hey!
I'm a prefect myself too. Our prefect induction is late this year, it's on in Week 8.
At our school, we prefects and captains organise school dances, fun-raisers (We are organising an easter egg hunt at the moment) and we help in canteen. We also represent the school at events outside school.

There is year 11 and 12 prefects, senior prefect is always a year 11. This year because of a tie we have two girl vice-captains. We started our term as prefects last year in term 4. Because of our school 100th year last yr, we were in ad with the yr 7 (now yr8) for the school's foundation day.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)