• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Prefects 2oo6!! (1 Viewer)

panda-bum

HSC
I can`t seem to find a thread like this so I thought that I`d start one for the Prefects of `06 from all different schools to get to know each other.

What are people doing for their afternoon tea get-togethers? What activities? What other things are they organising for school?

[trent]

HSC
afternoon tea get togethers?!? that sounds all very quaint....we've just been helping out school events (assemblies, canteen, whatnot) and are hoping to organise a prefects 'fun-day' for the school sometime next term...

we really don't have that much power at out school :(

P

pLuvia

Similar to captains, our prefects are assigned to different year groups and help them with things that relate to that year group

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
Our school doesn't have prefects, and if we did, they'd probably be more likely to play cricket or stick their hands up cows than organise afternoon tea get togethers...

I_F

katykins

i never meant to lie,
in a bulletproof vest, with the windows all closed
HSC
im a prefect..
we do some duty at lunch like teachers montoring the canteen and popular hang-out spots.
every friday morning 3 prefects run a full school assembly.
and just recently weve been trying to be able to write comments in kids diaries for innappropriate behaviour etc
its good fun

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Our prefects are carefully chosen, with a thorough voting system consisting of the teachers/staff votes and the student votes in our year, then they pick the top 15 + the captain and vice captain. If you were wondering, I'm not one of those 15 prefects.

Dragie

HSC
Hi *looks down on all non-prefects*
I'm special and am above yall
MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Jks I love each and every one of you...ahem

We have a shitload of power...but only for year 12 not the school. We decide everything for our year group...like little mummies actually (all-girl school)

Last edited:

Mountain.Dew

Magician, and Lawyer.
HSC
Riviet said:
Our prefects are carefully chosen, with a thorough voting system consisting of the teachers/staff votes and the student votes in our year, then they pick the top 15 + the captain and vice captain. If you were wondering, I'm not one of those 15 prefects.
same thing here at my old school, except other criteria apply as well, and even these qualities has a priority standing. e.g. if u got a promotion in corps, ur more likely to be a prefect. same if u did yr 10 monitorship. other criteria includes teacher recommendations, sporting, extra-cirricular, and academics.

ironically, the last two qualities has the least influence.

meh, this whole prefect system is ridiculous anyway. its more a popularity vote rather than judging you by ur management of internal school matters or leadership qualities.

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
Bookie said:
prefects. if it werent for the tie and blazer pocket......wouldnt be special at all. elitist bastards.
Bahahaha my school offers a blazer...no pockets thing, or whatever.
Thats the only thing the prefeccts get, and a badge that says "Executive"
Lame, they have next to no power really...sad because they're a really good bunch of kiddies.

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Mountain.Dew said:
its more a popularity vote rather than judging you by ur management of internal school matters or leadership qualities.
I totally agree, even the teachers have their favourites... like at our school, we all knew who the captain would be for sure, he was "the one", hehehe.

timobr0

Ευθήμιος
HSC
yeah we knew who would be the 2 captains since about year 8.....the 2 vice captains were sort of a surprise...

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
Riviet said:
I totally agree, even the teachers have their favourites... like at our school, we all knew who the captain would be for sure, he was "the one", hehehe.
Our captain is academically lazy. He's just dropped from 2U Maths to General, and never really works that hard at school. He was just the most popular with the students and the teachers.

I_F

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Mountain.Dew said:
same thing here at my old school, except other criteria apply as well, and even these qualities has a priority standing. e.g. if u got a promotion in corps, ur more likely to be a prefect. same if u did yr 10 monitorship. other criteria includes teacher recommendations, sporting, extra-cirricular, and academics.

ironically, the last two qualities has the least influence.

meh, this whole prefect system is ridiculous anyway. its more a popularity vote rather than judging you by ur management of internal school matters or leadership qualities.
to an extent thats pretty true. our school captain is perfect for the job( no idea why he is even in our school) but one the vice captains on the other hand doesn't really have the qualities of a leader IMO. nice guy though lol.

karoooh

HSC
Our year picked out 11 or so SRC members (though, my principal seems to love refering to them as prefects now) and then all 11 decided to have a go for captain and vice. Teachers and students voted for captain and vice, but like others have said, we all knew who was going to get it... However, the prefects line up was a surprise - We all actually voted for people who we thought were deserving... No real popularity vote.

Sucks to be the ones who have been prefects for the last few years, only to get shafted this year! :p

comrade3000

HSC
prefects at my school are egotistical bastards who just sucked up to the teachers and head of year whenever they were around. too bad they weren't perceived as how the students saw them- amoral idiots who don't practice what they preach. they never seem to have to learnt the hard way and one day they will be uncovered for the frauds they truly are. what are your thoughts of the prefects at your school?

to all those prefects out there, can you honestly say that you would have become a prefect if you did not receive a badge or blazer pocket?

Last edited:
HSC
comrade3000 said:
to all those prefects out there, can you honestly say that you would have become a prefect if you did not receive a badge or blazer pocket?
Despite this question making no sense i am going to say yes because i have to defend prefect pride.

Our prefect body takes a community based approach where our major role is to promote the school within the community. We do things like volunteer at the local retirement village, have liaisons with primary schools and we run BBQ's, mufti days and walkathons to raise money for charity. We also volunteer for things like red cross collection, bandana day and legacy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)