Predicting specified Harwood poem (1 Viewer)

Ellzz

HSC
i was just wondering if there was any way of predicting the specified poem this yr (duhh) cos i don't think i can learn ALL the poems in DETAIL. In 2002 they asked gave u a choice between 2 poems, do u guys think they are likely to do that gain? (that is if they even decide to specify)

gahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...=D

shona1990

HSC
It's unlikely, but possible.
Don't stress too much. If you've learnt 2 or 3 of the poems in detail, IF they do, there's a 1/3 or 1/2 chance that one they specify will be one of yours anyway!
Don't stress too much about it, chances are, they won't specify one. I'm terrified of it myself though!

Ellzz

HSC
haha it's giving me a headache, but thanx 4 the perspective!!
now i'm just gonna cross my fingers...reli hard....:burn::)

collide

HSC
I was just thinking and I mean.. if they do specify the poems.. wth is the point of this module? Isn't it supposed to be our personal interpretation of the texts and therefore shouldn't we do the poems that we can find the most meaning in..
If they do specify the poems, they're basically taking that away from us. Also it'll lack variety if we all do the same poems so WTF.

danemaverick

HSC
i think her poetry is a perfect example of why depressed, regretful and feminist old witches shouldnt be allowed to write. or be published.

starrysky

HSC
collide said:
I was just thinking and I mean.. if they do specify the poems.. wth is the point of this module? Isn't it supposed to be our personal interpretation of the texts and therefore shouldn't we do the poems that we can find the most meaning in..
If they do specify the poems, they're basically taking that away from us. Also it'll lack variety if we all do the same poems so WTF.
While there are limited questions that can be asked on Harwood in the exam, there is just as likely a chance that they'll ask something like "the enduring nature of Gwen Harwood's poetry is that it appeals to different audiences. Discuss the validity of this statement ..." as there is of being asked something such as "discuss your personal response to Gwen Harwood's poetry, drawing on different readings blah blah blah". While it is a fair bit about personal interpretation, it's also critical, which is why many teachers encourage specific in-depth knowledge of two or three poems, and then a general, structured knowledge of the others so you don't get thrown off.

They've never specific a poem in the time that Harwood has been a part of the syllabus, so with the pattern taken into consideration, there's a fair chance that we won't have to go insane and worry about it this year. But keep your eyes open and your options wide-ranging in case they do.

For my trial, they specified either Alter-Ego or The Glass Jar, plus at least one other poem of personal choice. Anyone else had this? I have a feeling that since they specified one in the trial my school bought, they might not ask for a specific one tomorrow.

Edit: Lol @ danemaverick's notion.

collide

HSC
I hope you're right. I have a feeling they won't specify either but we can never be too sure. I pretty much know what every poem is about.. the quotes will be a problem though.. eg. for prize giving i know the girl has "titian hair" LOL like that's gonna help me.
6 more hrs til the exam!

starrysky

HSC
THEY DIDN'T SPECIFY ONE.

I shit frisbees when I saw they didn't specify one. Was so happy.

How did everyone go? :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)