predicting hsc questions??? (1 Viewer)

apollo

just wanted to ask if anyone out there has done the following...

looked at the 2001 & 2002 hsc exams on a particular section of one of their subjects and noticed they've covered different sections of the dot point?

for example in geography under 'urban places' there's 3 bits - mega cities, world cities and urban dynamics. the last 2 years it was world cities, then urban dynamics... so, logically this year it'd be mega cities they test...

does anyone believe these predictions? does anyone study according to them? like, forget the world cities & urban dynamics, then just study the mega cities???

there's people i'm doing the hsc with who think it's a good idea, cos you can devote more time to less material, absorb more information and more detail then do better. but what if you get it wrong?! does it strike anyone else as a bit stupid?

HSC
N/A
I think it's best to study everything! Its a good idea to look at past HSC papers to get an idea of what's tested by even if it has been tested it might be tested again! So unless you know someone who setting this year's exam...in which case they shouldn't be telling you anything cause they're swore to secrecy...study all syllabus dot points! And even if you think something really minor and has 0.5% of being in the exam study it anyway!! BTW I should take my own advice since everything in my Eco trials I didn't study for cause I thought they were unlikely questions...but then again I had to cram a whole year's work in one night!!! So my advice is if you've been studying consistently and aren't looking at the option of cramming then don't take shortcuts :)

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
Originally posted by apollo
does anyone believe these predictions? does anyone study according to them? like, forget the world cities & urban dynamics, then just study the mega cities???
DO NOT FORGET ANYTHING purposely!! sometimes they will put in the exact same tyoe of q on the same topic 4 that reason, it has been done. but i would say yes, if there is a large area which hasnt been covered, maybe u should make sure u do that extra bit of study on it

Ragerunner

Your friendly HSC guide
HSC
I reckon the HSC is cursed.

If you try not to study something that you are really really damn sure isn't going to be in it, i bet you it will be in it.

Happened in almost all my exams :(

rukawasan

Top Stuff
HSC
apollo...
hsc is the BIGGEST exam you'll see in ur life...
so i ges its worth studying for... like study for everything...

apollo

^ believe me i know, i'm repeating ;p

i am studying everything in the syllabus. i was just so mystified by my fellow students actions i had to ask if it was common practice to be so stupid :)

rukawasan

Top Stuff
HSC
i tried predicting eng questions 4 school assessments... failed miserably...
tried predicting eco question 4 school assessments... failed again...
moral of my stupidity=study for everything...

Dash

ReSpEcTeD
HSC
Originally posted by rukawasan
i tried predicting eng questions 4 school assessments... failed miserably...
tried predicting eco question 4 school assessments... failed again...
moral of my stupidity=study for everything...
LOL... It could be bad luck... Come on, third time lucky! :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)