Predict this year's HSC Question (1 Viewer)

zenger69

Bok Choyer
HSC
myusername said:
i thought that if they did ask a question on the vulnerability and resilience/ natural and human impacts then they would definately be asking you to refer to this in terms of your case study of an ecosystem...

i know the vulnerability and resilience dot point isnt under the case study section but i was just imagining that it would still apply to case studies....?
you always have to refer to examples and your casestudy because it's in the rubric

fakingtheday

HSC
I think they'll go with management on a variety of scales for ecosystems. Vulnerability and Reslience is a little vague to do an extended response on. It's like how can you ramble about catostrophic and gradual change, ecological succession and shit for so many pages?

Urban i believe will be mega cities, or at least i hope because i am really really awesome with that.

Productive i believe internal and external linkages is far to vague. I think it will be on the economic activity, and my best guess is that it will be the nature and spatial patterns

starbaaa

Untalkative Member
HSC
If I could have one wish regarding the geography paper, I would wish that the ecosystems question is the same as 2003's: 'Justify the need for management and protection of ecosystems'. Nice and simple, and so much to talk about! I did that essay today, and it was the best flowing one I've ever done. And I would much rather talk about a local economic enterprise than a global economic activity for the people & economic activity question. And I'm not real good at urban places in general, but my best topic is probably mega cities, so you can be sure they're not going to ask about that!

brightsea

HSC
So long as they aren't nasty and ask the culture of place dot point in Urban Places. There's only so much I can write in an essay about the blue of Sydney Harbour, the green green grass of Hyde Park and the "street life" of Pitt St. :p :p

foxster

HSC
hey
firstly i think its playing russian roullete guessing the questions, but i can see your point- that questions have been repeated..
(hey, im doing it too so meh..but only because other events in my life are out of my control)

EAR- vulnerability and resilience, havent asked that, done most of the others to some extent in previous years (ie neg impacts last year was half a question etc)

UP-since they havent asked it---a question on country town or suburb. Technically also, they could ask about r/ships of dom and dep, and also nature character and spatial dist of world cities/mega cities

PEA- internal/external linkages, and technically everything under the factors (biophysical right down to political)
they could ask the nature of an enterprise at local scale, and then drag in the linkages

thats just my thoughts, with only a couple of days to go
good luck everyone

remember then can ask anything else in skills!

shauno_sirba

ddont predict

they wont ask the questions which have already been asked....i guarantee....you just have to look at the syllabus and cross em off....its a process of elimination...the different points under each heading creates multiple variations for questions....just no the syllabus well and theres no need to predict and gamble on one question...if u can recognise what area of the syllabus they are referring to then u should be fine....

crystalmeth

HSC
N/A
The_highwayman said:
How can U possibly guarantee?!! that is the dumbest thing i have heard all day! NOBODY KNOWS WHAT WILL BE ASKED. we can make assumptions. but we cant say that they wont ask the same question as before.
what he said

unless you know someone within the bos

dmassad

HSC
ECOSYSTEMS
evaluate traditional and contemporary management strategies

URBAN PLACES
analyse comtemproary urban dynamics operating in a country town or suburb

ECONOMIC ACTIVITY
internal and external linkages

thats my guess anyway :)

Nodice

HSC
The questions on the HSC exam for geography are as follows:
BLAHHHHH!!!! =D=D=D=D ^_-

Hi big J! You can come 2nd. (1st is of course reserved.. lol)

GOOD LUCK PEOPLESSSSS

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
Nodice said:
The questions on the HSC exam for geography are as follows:
BLAHHHHH!!!! =D=D=D=D ^_-

Hi big J! You can come 2nd. (1st is of course reserved.. lol)

GOOD LUCK PEOPLESSSSS
Well we'll see about that won't we

Ghandi10

Test
HSC
N/A
URBAN PLACES

Explain how students' ended up living on the streets because they wasted their exam preparation time on BOS and thus performed extremely poorly on their exam, cutting off any chance they had of getting into a decent course.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
any money the highway man aka matthew will kick ur ass

shauno_sirba

whatever my friend....we will see on tuesday at 920...better yet we will see when results come back...fuckers!!!

It's what I want that's easy. It's getting it that
HSC
azn_gangsta81 said:
any money the highway man aka matthew will kick ur ass
ummm..no pressure, right? lol! ok, i better do some more geography study!

Ghandi10 said:
URBAN PLACES

Explain how students' ended up living on the streets because they wasted their exam preparation time on BOS and thus performed extremely poorly on their exam, cutting off any chance they had of getting into a decent course.
I think you mean:
Analyse the nature, spatial patterns and future directions of dickheads like ghandi

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)