Predict me a UAI - cause I want in on this bandwagon :) (1 Viewer)

frankyd

starlight woo!
HSC
So... I was wondering if anyone could estimate a possible UAI for me..

My school is Manly Selective Campus ... I know they topped the Northern Beaches region last year and I think we usually come placed around 10-20 (maybe worse last year apparently) in the state.

Subject - Trial Mark - Overall Rank

English (Advanced) - 96/105 -1

English Ext 1 - 49/50 -1

English Ext 2 - (no trial but assessment mark 100%) -1

Ancient History - 95/100 -1

Extension History - 48/50-1

Mathematics (2u) - 103/120 -5

Software Design + Development - HSC MARK FROM 2005 : 95

Now, I'm hoping to get a UAI of 99.6 to do Commerce/Law... but I really want to go for something higher if I can... ie. The Dean's Scholarship or whatever it is (99.95+). How possible is that?

dagwoman

Welcome to My Lair
HSC
N/A
Your results and ranks are excellent, you should be very proud. Keep working to that standard and you should definitely achieve those goals.

webby234

HSC
N/A
Are they your trial ranks or your overall ranks? I thought someone else was top in Ancient and Extension History.

Maths might bring you down a little - based on last year that rank would get you 95 which, while good, will be down a bit compared to your other marks. SDD will also bring you down a bit - last year a 94 scaled to 86 and a 97 to 94 so your scaled mark would be about 89. If you got that across all your courses your aggregate would be 445, which is just under a UAI of 99. (using http://www.uac.edu.au/pubs/pdf/2005-Table-A8.pdf and http://www.uac.edu.au/pubs/pdf/2005-Table-A3.pdf). But then again only one unit of Software needs to count.
If you could get your maths mark up to 97 - that would be worth 92.4 scaled - and that is good, but means a UAI of 100 would require topping (or extremely close to topping) the state in all your other subjects.

The other marks are much harder to predict, but overall I'd predict 99.7 - 99.9. Take the predictions with a grain of salt obviously as there is a lot of speculation, but that would be my prediction.

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
Some people aim too high. Just try for 99.6 to get into law. If I were to give you a prediction based on those results I'd say 99.95, but you should stay focused instead of wasting time on calculating aggregates.

Last edited:

frankyd

starlight woo!
HSC
hey webster thanks man... No they were my final ranks after all marks got entered correctly... I got moved up to tying with Sally for first in Ancient and as far as I know extension history had 3 of us tied at first (cathlene and elise aswell I think)

dhj I understand your point - but i just need a goal to work for and I like setting them high because its how I motivate myself. but then each to their own :)

Lol... and dagwoman thanks for the old confidence boost much appreciated

ok back to the working thanks for that guys!

Last edited:

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
This is just some advice from someone who's studying the degree you're aiming to get in. I have a friend who was aiming to come first in a subject for the hsc - he ended up with merely a low band 6 in that subject. The important thing at this stage is to focus, not to strategise. Cramming in the last couple of weeks makes all the difference.

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
frankyd - smart kid. guaranteed 99.5, and how you're feeling on the day will determine if you get anything above that.

thats what i reckon. ive seen 'dumber' kids get 99.5.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
yeah you aced your trials, so if you do that in the externals i would see no problem with you gettin at least 97

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
My sister had similar marks, different subjects and got .75. You should get pretty high since your dux gets around 99.8+ each year (iirc)... Is Mr Z still teaching software? He was an awesome teacher...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)