pre-hsc uncertainity... generous teachers??? (1 Viewer)

apollo

I have UAIseeker so I'm not after a UAI prediction!

But, I've got a situation to explain, and I'd like to hear other peoples opinions about whether I'm getting my hopes up or not. Basically, I cained all my assessments, then screwed my trials. Here's my overall rankings, and trial marks (independent papers);

Advanced English - 88% - 1/29
Ancient History - 85% - 1/30
Economics - 78% - 2/7
Modern History - 96% - 2/22
Geography - 76% - 4/13

Most of my assessments marks were over 90% (English 95+), thus my rankings. I was pretty upset with my trial marks, but hey, what do you expect when you do fuck all revision & practice essays. So, I started revising & doing practice essays 10 hours a day & living like a hermit... Then I did another set of trial papers recently (independent 2001)... And got my teachers to mark them.

Advanced English - 97%
Ancient History - 96%
Economics - 90%
Modern History - 93% (dont know how I went backwards, lol)
Geography - 91%

Now I'm thinking 'yeah, I'm all set to get 95+' (UAIseeker says 99.00, but I care not as long as it's 95+)... But at the same time I'm really worried that the teachers haven't bothered marking as stringently as they would the real trials? And that maybe I'm just getting my hopes up?

Some people might laugh at this question, but my ranks (namely Geography & Eco) aren't great. 2nd might be king shit at Sydney Boys, but the quality of the candidature where I am isn't so great. I'm at an average public educational insitution. 2-3 people break the 90 barrier every year... Will such ranks detrimentally effect my final UAI???

Last edited:

Jeo

Yeah, 95+, thats pretty good considering you dont do any extensions.

apollo

Jeo, I'm spewing that I didn't do any extentions...

If I could rewind time and never select geography, but do 4 unit English instead... I'd be a happy man.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
The small candidature will effect you, but if you do well in your exams, it won't matter much. Whereas, if you stuff up you're exam, you're stuffed anyway.

apollo

Bleh

My half-arsed performance in Geography will be the end of high possibilties... I'll be lucky to break 95 now ;\

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)