pre-empting a difficult interview question (1 Viewer)

gouge.away

MonCœurS'ouvre à taVoix
HSC
N/A
so i'm currently in the process of finding full-time employment and one of the questions that i'm dreading is the "have you ever had a conflict with your boss/manager/a co-worker" spiel. as outlined in this post, well, it speaks for itself. in short, they're an asshole and it's a very well-known fact amongst co-workers, but perhaps not amongst the higher-ups. they're always late whenever we're rostered on for morning shifts and even now they take every opportunity to yell at me and really, being around them makes me shitty and it used to really affect my ability to work properly [which i'm over now, but i did cry once].

really, i'd just like some advice on how to not come across as too critical in the instance that i have to mention this, because frankly, i could very easily spew some vitriolic shit about this asshat. on the other hand though, it'd be nice to use this as an example on how i'm able to deal with fucktards; i just don't want to incriminate myself.

any help would be appreciated and thanks in advance

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
never say anything that criticises your previous manager. It just puts yourself in a worse off position in getting a job.

Just say something along the lines of:
I have never had any workplace conflicts with my manager/boss/whomever due to my nature of being an approachable and likable person. We do, however, have disagreements from time to time about certain work processes, but this is only human nature to disagree with each other and isn't anything serious. All in all, I enjoyed working with (whomever) due to the very sociable and hard working environment. However, I do think that it is time for me to focus on my long term career.

something like that. O:

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
Say that you've never had any serious conflict with anyone you work with and then outline how you have managed or would manage disagreements in the workplace. Maybe you could use an experience at work that you actually had but phrase it as a hypothetical "so if the problem was X I would do Y"

Just say as little as possible really and make sure anything you do say makes you come off looking good

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
now a hard question would be:
name 1 reason why i shouldn't hire you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)