Prague and the Czech Republic? (1 Viewer)

braindrainedAsh

Journalist
HSC
Has anyone been to Prague and the Czech Republic? Hopefully I will be studying the UK for a semester and I am trying to decide where I would like to go for mini trips because I will have limited time and money.

I've heard Prague is relatively inexpensive and interesting. Anyone got any opinions? Would it be fairly safe to for a female to travel to/around the Czech Republic on her own? Is there another part of Eastern Europe you would recommend instead?

boz

CEO
HSC
hi,
i just went to prague about a month ago. it was realy beautiful but it is sooooo touristy. British everywhere and all they do is go there and drink stoopid amounts and, well i wouldnt go as far as saying ruin the culture, but it definately puts a damper on it. Saying that the castles are awsome and the ppl are fantastic (and beer cheap).
If you have limited time i would suggest checking out some festivals. I went to Sienna for Il Palio, and it was the highlight of my trip (in july). Running of the bulls was NUTS (end of july). and bastille day in paris is mad as they have an awsome fireworks display to music off the eiffel tower, and everything is very french (early august i think). i didnt go to tomatina, the big tomato fight, in spain (aug 30) but ive heard its awsome.
Other places id reccomend are barcellona for shure, um if your into extreme stuff go to bovec in slovenia, i did canyoning paragliding and ww rafting there and its absolutely beautiful and cheap and FUN.
I didnt get to much of eastern europe but it sounds awsome and cheap. Dubrovnik in croatia was cool but a bit too touristy for my liking. Awsome history though in the old town.
Well thats about it from me. Travelling by yourself should not be a problem. Ive done most of this by myself and never had a problem (except having my wallet nicked right out of my pockets in italy) but im not a girl and i wouldnt have done some things if i was. (girls arent allowed to run with the bulls).

anyway have fun and get out there, europe is AWSOME. Next stop for me is thailand.YAY.

boz

CEO
HSC
oh but i would realy like to have done the czech republic, i reckon once you get away from the main tourist hubs, you would experience the country's culture on a whole new level.
Yeah if you can id deffinately check out czech.

otay

HSC
prague is a fucking great city. Everything about it was awesome. The only real problem is at times i felt like i was either in australia or america, so many tourists. One day all i heard were aussie accents. otherwise its terrific. The nightlife is insane.

Skeeta

HSC
yeah my boyfriend traveled all around europe and that was the only place that he's ever really talked about - its meant to be very beautiful there... it really must have been coz he was only 14 or 15 when he went.. and for a 14 year old sports nut to appreaciate it, it must hav been awesome lol

olchik

HSC
My parents went to Prague last summer. They were very impressed. I saw the pics. It's a very beautiful city! So go there, I'm sure you won't regret.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)