• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Practice Essays. (1 Viewer)

ScottyG

Victory is mine.
HSC
They're pretty much essential for at least one and likely two of your courses - how many have you guys plowed through for these exams?

insert-username

Wandering the Lacuna
HSC
Our Ext. and Adv. English teacher tried to make us to about 500 before our various English exams. The operative word being "tried". We put about as much effort into them as you would have into cleaning toilets. So yeah...

I_F

ScottyG

Victory is mine.
HSC
lol our schools more of the 'well, you can do them if you want, but like, you dont have too, but, we'd really like it if you did'

Hence 95% of people do nothing.

klaw

HSC
I did 3 paragraphs for one ext eng essay and 3 paragraphs for another ext eng essay.

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
lolz. we r the same type - do it at ur own freetime and i will mark at my unpaid time too.~
so no one does it. =\

and no teacher EVER requires it.,..

P

pLuvia

mitsui said:
lolz. we r the same type - do it at ur own freetime and i will mark at my unpaid time too.~
so no one does it. =\

and no teacher EVER requires it.,..
one for english
and one for jap

lilkiwifruit

HSC
N/A
Our teacher always makes us do practise essays but she never marks them...soo when people don't do them....she gets upset and angry :rolleyes:

Bricnic

Lookatmy Member
HSC
Heh.. it was pretty funny, cause we have like 4 different english teachers for our grade (we rotate each class through them) and they vary in their teaching styles, and this one teacher asked a bunch of us the day before the english exam (!) to see our practice essays. Yeah.... lol we kinda just evaded the question and walked away slowly.

I can't really be bothered doing practice essays for english- I find it's not all that difficult to expand two or three main ideas into an essay once I've seen the question. Especially when you've remembered a page long quote ;)

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
sometimes when i wanna practice essay, i will write a very good introduction, but half way thru,i will think "mann that is a waste of time, how do i know it is gonna be the topic??".. so i juz stop there and bludged

maybe that is y my eng realli sucked. =P

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
lolz good luck =P
i always tried so hard to memorise all the stuffz
but onli to find out that i wrote something that doesn't make sense

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
im trying to write one now, for ext eng tomorrow. thing is, i dont see how im gonna fit everything into an hour long essay, plus i know like no quotes at the moment...hmmm probably shoulda studied a little more before today :s

P

pLuvia

im planning in year 12 to do past modules after every term, i.e. when i finish learning journeys i do a past hsc AoS~~ etc.. instead of like doing it at the end

mitsui

мιтэuι
HSC
lolz but wouldn't they be diff?? for every yr i mean. =O=
eng is so hard to cram for.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)