practicals (1 Viewer)

guesswho

HSC
just got some Q's about science practical classess:

1. is it optional which one u attend. if so how do they mark the roll...assuming the do.

2.also do u get marked on each practical u do?

thanz

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
If there's more than one timetabled prac you need to sign up for the one you plan on attending. That or it's assigned to you.

For Labs you will usually be assigned prework. This is checked as you enter the lab. If it's not done, the tutor doesn't sign it, you can't do the prac. You fail for that prac.

Following from that, your findings are submitted to and marked by your tutor.

forsaken_99

Did we sign up for the pracs at enrolment? Because my prac codes were recorded for chem and phys and are the pracs on our timetable sheet from enrolment the ones we were signed up for?

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Well in my course all timetables matters were predetermined, including tutorial and practical groups. I'm not sure about the ones where you choose your subjects though.

If the timetable issued to you has numbers next to the subject code that is your turotial/practical class number, hence you've already been placed. :)

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
Ok forsaken_99 I just read that you're in Nanotech, which means we have identical subjects. If you look at your timetable, you should find your pracs listed along with your lectures and tutorials. We are also assigned class numbers for 65101 Chemistry 1C (mine is 1102) and 68101 Foundations of Physics (1101). Hope this helps. :)

guesswho

HSC
Originally posted by Lexicographer
We are also assigned class numbers for 65101 Chemistry 1C (mine is 1102) and 68101 Foundations of Physics (1101). Hope this helps. :)

hey i'm got chem 1c too! except my practical is 1103 and on wednesday but wanted to change it to Thursdays one.. do u think thats possible?
Whens u'r practical on?

Lexicographer

Retired 13 May 2006
HSC
My chem prac is in Tuesday, at 0900. I don't think it's possible because they would have filled all the classes before handing out the timetables. You can certainly ask though. Contact the faculty office for more information.

By the way, what course are you in?

forsaken_99

That does make it better because that was the only difference between the online timetable and my given one. Now it seems that the one i got at enrolment is 100% correct, so at least i know what is happening.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)