Practicals you need to know thread... (1 Viewer)

Takuya

Banned
A blazing inferno of blood and despair...
Hey there,

Well this is probably something that most of you haven't thought of; Revising your practicals. There's always a question on a 'first hand investigation' you performed during your course, so what do you people think will be the mostly likely practicals to be asked?

There are 2 common ones:
1. Projectile motion
2. Pendulum experiment (damn boring to write up)

What else?

forsaken_99

Pendulum was there last year so it won't be there.

I'm thinking about that M&G one with the current carrying coil between two magnets. They could ask a lot on that so that is where my money would go.

N

ND

Forsaken: do you mean the motor effect prac? As freaking_out said, they can ask you anything, so know everything.

Takuya

Banned
Of course in an ideal situation you know 'everything'. My knowledge is good enough to be able to do all practicals, but a little speculation always helps.

What's the current carrying coil between two magnets?? Are you talking about speaker cones? I don't recall ever doing a practical like that, apart from sticking a magnet into a coil.

parry

Can anyone tell me what expt i shouldve done for the dp "perform an investigation to demonstrate the production and reception of radio waves",
The closest we did was using a microwave transmitter and reciever, with sound superimposed on the waves, then playing with the recievers signal, and trying to reflect the wave around the class and polarise it.

Takuya

Banned
Originally posted by parry
Can anyone tell me what expt i shouldve done for the dp "perform an investigation to demonstrate the production and reception of radio waves",
The closest we did was using a microwave transmitter and reciever, with sound superimposed on the waves, then playing with the recievers signal, and trying to reflect the wave around the class and polarise it.
Used an induction coil to create sparking across some apparatus, then turned on a radio in the room and listened to interference.

A 2 mark question at the most :p

destination

mmmm....

it is a possibilty that the hertz experiment will be asked this year..
im sure you should study all the manditory experiments as it is better to be on the safe side...
so my advice is to study all 3..
they're not that hard.
very simple as long as you understand the concepts

failingTheHsc

question asked in both past years is methods to improve experiments:

i got
repeat the experiment and taking the average value
include a wider range of testing values

my teacher said to avoid saying human error and the use of an analog equipment

any others?

N

ND

Just put a wire in a magnetic field, then connect the wire up to a voltage, and the wire will experience a force.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)