prac questions for the journeys essay (1 Viewer)

bec_j_m

HSC
undefined
If anyone has any questions from class or their trails for the section 3 of paper 1, (the essay) can u post them here. thanks ppls

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
Focus - Imaginative Journeys

Discuss how effective the composers of the texts you have studied in the Area of Study have been in representing imaginative journeys that have challenged our thinking and broadened our understanding of our own world.

In your response you should support your ideas by referring to your prescribed text, ONE text from the prescribed stimulus booklet, Journeys, and at least ONE other related text of your choosing.

--------------------------------------------------------------
The journey leads to greater understanding. Discuss this statement with reference to your prescribed text, ONE text from the prescribed stimulus booklet, Journeys, and at least ONE other related text of your choosing.

“The most remarkable aspect of journeys is their ability to challenge our thinking”. In what ways have imaginative journeys inscribed in the texts you have studied for the area of journey challenged your thinking?

Write a feature article for a special edition of a magazine. This magazine is called <insert name of journey> Journeys. Your feature article should examine how composers use texts to explore concepts of <insert name of journey> Journeys.

'Journeys like artists are born and not made. They flower spontaneously out of the demands of our natures- and the best of them lead not only outwards in space, but inwards as well.'

Discuss this statement in relation to the texts on journeys that you have studied this year.

ok ive got them from trials and other random bos resources.. enjoy

Last edited:

gordo

Resident Jew
HSC
how are journeys confronting and do they lead to a greater sense of self?

CrashOveride

HSC
i was just wondering with cro angel's 2nd question, because it doesn't say "our" understadning etc its just general can u talk about it how in ur texts it leads to understanding for the characters, and maybe for u, and etc if u get what i mean

also my trial had the first question posted up by cro angel. Anyone want to quickly throw up some ideas as to how journeys enhance our view of the world/uynderstanding etc.?

7bonita7

Remember Please!!

hey bec j m
umm can i just jump on your thread... can anyone remember any more of their trial questions. i cant for the love of god find my half yearly and i need as much practice as possible. so any like the catholic trial or independent.
thanks heaps and goodluck

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
CrashOveride said:
i was just wondering with cro angel's 2nd question, because it doesn't say "our" understadning etc its just general can u talk about it how in ur texts it leads to understanding for the characters, and maybe for u, and etc if u get what i mean

also my trial had the first question posted up by cro angel. Anyone want to quickly throw up some ideas as to how journeys enhance our view of the world/uynderstanding etc.?
yeh like you can talk about the characters, composers and audiences different journeys and what they learn at the end of it..
its from that point in the rubric about challenging our thinking and broadening our understanding of the world and ourselves and i wrote more about that.. i think the things i lost marks on were not really answering the question with one of my related texts (because the ivory trail is like the beginning of the journey not the end) and not showing how the techniques expose the concept of imaginative journeys.. meh
its a pretty broad question though, you can take it from a number or angles i guess as long as someone has a better understanding by the end of it

cro_angel

<3<3<3
HSC
7bonita7 said:
hey bec j m
umm can i just jump on your thread... can anyone remember any more of their trial questions. i cant for the love of god find my half yearly and i need as much practice as possible. so any like the catholic trial or independent.
thanks heaps and goodluck
the first question i posted was from the independant.. the second was cssa (or something similar.. we never got our papers back but that was the gist of it)

bec_j_m

HSC
hey, nah its sweet..

i have the cssa one here the question is:
"the journey leads to a greater understanding"
discuss how this greater understanding is represented by composers in different ways. make close reference to ONE timulus text and additional texts of ur own choosing.
good luck everyone

bec_j_m

HSC
thats for physical journeys by the way..

if u want imaginative or inner, let me know cuz i got the paper here

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)