ppl who lived in japan (1 Viewer)

P

pLuvia

sweetsweetcandy said:
I was in the city. It really depends on what you personally prefer or what you want to experience. I think the houses in the city are probably bigger. And of course, the city will be busier.
oo okok.. i rather ct yet country side would be gud.. lol

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
Well i stayed in this lyk semi rural area (my pref was of course the ct, but since we had no choice...). There was lyk lots of rice(?) fields, etc but i dunno it didnt feel lyk we were in the middle of nowhere sorta place...

But overall it was a new and different experience, & i enjoyed it. In the end i think thats all that really matters...

Btw wot is this LABO thing u guys r talkin abt? Its sum sorta exchange org yeh?

P

pLuvia

sweetsweetcandy said:
Yeah, it's an exchange program to Japan.
my teacher sed that she went thru that program wen she was in yr 10 and she sed it was really guud.. so.. i mite try that as well.. lol,... and btw wats the camp all bout..

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
Dear kadlil,

Please type in English. Your 'netspeak' is annoying and hard to read.

Yours sincerely,
little girl

P

pLuvia

babydoll_ said:
Dear kadlil,

Please type in English. Your 'netspeak' is annoying and hard to read.

Yours sincerely,
little girl
ok sorry sorry

P

pLuvia

sweetsweetcandy said:
Yeah, it's an exchange program to Japan.
is it possible to go with another person like a friend? do they accept 2 people in the host family i seriously doubt it but yeh.. do they?

HSC
kadlil said:
is it possible to go with another person like a friend? do they accept 2 people in the host family i seriously doubt it but yeh.. do they?
No. You may go with friends on the aeroplane if they applied for the same program, but you'll be separated from them. You might stay in the same city, but you won't live in the same homestay family.

Anyway, it's better not to have a friend, because it helps you to improve your Japanese and basically just face the new culture on your own. It's intimidating, but the host family will be very nice and you'll get to know them as your own family almost. Being with a friend the WHOLE time will ruin the experience!

In regards to camp, I met up with some other LABO students (some were my friends from school) at Daisen. Very cold and lots of snow. At first, I thought I was going to hate the camp, but it turned out to be a rewarding experience and a lot of fun. Camp food sucked, but that was expected. You share bathrooms... which I'm sorry to say includes onsen, which = gettin' down and naked with the other girls during shower time. I kind of waited with a new aussie friend I'd made till midnight coz I was way too embarrassed to appear naked in front of my host sister, let alone complete strangers, no matter how nice they were. Yeah I do regret not trying out the experience a bit, so you should definitely do it if you want to and if you go.

Also at camp you basically join in lots of activities, including being in a play because LABO deals with Jap students who like to learn english and they do this through drama techniques. But don't worry, it's not hard. I felt a bit nervous not understanding anything the seniors were saying at camp! But I got through the three days and in the end, it was just great. It's very bonding. I know this sounds weird, but I've never had so much fun walking around in a large circle with a hundred students in the snow chanting something in Japanese I had absolutely no clue about.

P

pLuvia

sweetsweetcandy said:
No. You may go with friends on the aeroplane if they applied for the same program, but you'll be separated from them. You might stay in the same city, but you won't live in the same homestay family.

Anyway, it's better not to have a friend, because it helps you to improve your Japanese and basically just face the new culture on your own. It's intimidating, but the host family will be very nice and you'll get to know them as your own family almost. Being with a friend the WHOLE time will ruin the experience!

In regards to camp, I met up with some other LABO students (some were my friends from school) at Daisen. Very cold and lots of snow. At first, I thought I was going to hate the camp, but it turned out to be a rewarding experience and a lot of fun. Camp food sucked, but that was expected. You share bathrooms... which I'm sorry to say includes onsen, which = gettin' down and naked with the other girls during shower time. I kind of waited with a new aussie friend I'd made till midnight coz I was way too embarrassed to appear naked in front of my host sister, let alone complete strangers, no matter how nice they were. Yeah I do regret not trying out the experience a bit, so you should definitely do it if you want to and if you go.

Also at camp you basically join in lots of activities, including being in a play because LABO deals with Jap students who like to learn english and they do this through drama techniques. But don't worry, it's not hard. I felt a bit nervous not understanding anything the seniors were saying at camp! But I got through the three days and in the end, it was just great. It's very bonding. I know this sounds weird, but I've never had so much fun walking around in a large circle with a hundred students in the snow chanting something in Japanese I had absolutely no clue about.
im not very keen on going to camps does LABO always have camps for their programs i may join another if they have it with the package lol. The host families take you around places but are they the places that you choose or they just take you around? because i want to go to some of those big castles :p or maybe take a picture of mt Fuji~~! my teacher said she climbed to the top and it took from 9.30pm to 7am. 7 am to see the sunrise, and then they had to go bak down by 1.30 pm must of been a hell of a walk and climb lol. But hey the experience is that matters lol. i mite try it sometime

HSC
kadlil said:
im not very keen on going to camps does LABO always have camps for their programs i may join another if they have it with the package lol. The host families take you around places but are they the places that you choose or they just take you around? because i want to go to some of those big castles :p or maybe take a picture of mt Fuji~~! my teacher said she climbed to the top and it took from 9.30pm to 7am. 7 am to see the sunrise, and then they had to go bak down by 1.30 pm must of been a hell of a walk and climb lol. But hey the experience is that matters lol. i mite try it sometime
That's awesome. My friend climbed Mt Fuji as well. She said it was great.

Yeah, the camp is part of the package. I didn't like it at first, but I loved it in the end, so think it over before making a decision not to go with LABO :)

My host family asked me where I wanted to go. For instance, Universal Studios. So she took me to all the places I wanted to go, and then in addition, took me to other places she or her family liked/thought would be interesting.

P

pLuvia

sweetsweetcandy said:
That's awesome. My friend climbed Mt Fuji as well. She said it was great.

Yeah, the camp is part of the package. I didn't like it at first, but I loved it in the end, so think it over before making a decision not to go with LABO :)

My host family asked me where I wanted to go. For instance, Universal Studios. So she took me to all the places I wanted to go, and then in addition, took me to other places she or her family liked/thought would be interesting.
wow cool~~!.. i want to go to universal studios again.. lol

P

pLuvia

can someone tell me the japanese organisations

im really stuck on which organisation to go to Japan homestay by, Ive already thought about LABO (no idea what it stands for) yeah, so any other organisations?

douzo yoroshiku onegai

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
Wouldnt it b easier to do exchange thru ur skool?

...Or ur skool doesnt offer it?

porcelaine

HSC
皆さん、今日は! 僕は一年間日本で留*しました。本当に人生の*で一番良い経験*と思います。いい時も、辛いときもあったけど、本当に良かったです。ホストファミリはとても親切で、その家族の一人になったの感じでした。最初の3ヶ月間は、あんまり何も分からなかったけど、段々分かる様になってきました。

P

pLuvia

porcelaine said:
皆さん、今日は! 僕は一年間日本で留�*�しました。本当に人生の�*で一番良い経験�*と思います。いい時も、辛いときもあったけど、本当に良かったです。ホストファミリはとても親切で、その家族の一人になったの感じでした。最初の3ヶ月間は、あんまり何も分からなかったけど、段々分かる様になってきました。
argh too much kanji and missing charaters lol..

AcStyle* said:
Wouldnt it b easier to do exchange thru ur skool?
...Or ur skool doesnt offer it?
umm.. what do you mean by through the school?

P

pLuvia

AcStyle* said:
I mean doesnt ur skool/jap class do a trip to Japan thing?
errr... in yr 10 we were about to go BUT.. not enough people were going so they cancelled it, and i dun think we will do it through school this year so yeh.. im planning to go by myself...:)

AcStyle*

Believe in Desire
HSC
kadlil said:
errr... in yr 10 we were about to go BUT.. not enough people were going so they cancelled it, and i dun think we will do it through school this year so yeh.. im planning to go by myself...:)
O ic...

Another option is when ur in uni, u can do a semester exchange w/ a partner uni in Japan. Thats only if ur willing to wait till then tho..

Neways thats wot i'm looking at doing...

P

pLuvia

AcStyle* said:
O ic...

Another option is when ur in uni, u can do a semester exchange w/ a partner uni in Japan. Thats only if ur willing to wait till then tho..

Neways thats wot i'm looking at doing...
haveu eva been to japan acstyle..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)