Powerplay (sux) related texts (1 Viewer)

Kiki

Hi kids,

Am wondering if anyone can help with powerplay related texts as i have been searching for days and havent found anything useful or good enough (perfectionist)...i know that everyone asks this, but i would really appreciate it if anyone can help out. I already have a film and a speech, so im looking for a different medium (preferably not a novel)-an article or poem would be fantabulous...Thanx guys!:confused:

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Have u tried looking at cartoons?
I used a political one last year - involved Bush and Howard
Try goin thru newspapers and hopefully u might find something relevant

christ_ine

simply because
HSC
You said not a novel, but you could really read this thing in an hour or so considering it's an early teen book - The Chocolate War by Robert Cormier.

And yeah, like Minai said, newspaper articles (esp now) are pretty good sources to use.

pranks85

Try propaganda posters from the first or second world wars, they're genereally pretty useful.

spyder

ive got the same problem
wat do youse think about the movie "Enemy of the State"???
is it aiight???
thanx

xoKate

some of the related texts my class worked with were political cartoons (bush + howard), chicago (the film), elizabeth (the film), a ted hughes poem hawk roosting ... goodluck

Red_Skittle

I'm using an article from a newpaper magazine about Condoleeza Rice, the book Animal Farm and the movie O.

Kiki

Thanx heaps guys! I was thinking about doing The Chocolate War but i really dont have time to read antyhing-even something that short (Havent started French Lieutenant's Woman for ext eng!)..a cartoon would be good, but i have my heart set on an article, so i'll be checking out some of the suggested ones. Much appreciated!

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
Hey question - are we allowed to use other board texts for related?

Cos I'm doing Julius Caesar, but I really wanna use 1984 for related, is that allowed, or shunned?

lizzy

good question, i'd like the answer to that myself.

w/ related texts, how about try some newspaper articles about the Iraqui war.

christ_ine

simply because
HSC
Originally posted by babydoll_
Hey question - are we allowed to use other board texts for related?

Cos I'm doing Julius Caesar, but I really wanna use 1984 for related, is that allowed, or shunned?
I don't think they can stop you from using board texts as related ones; but I think they see it as being a bit of a lazy bastard :p But if you do it well, I don't see the problem with it.

monica defelice

I HAVE THE ULTIMATE POWERPLAY ORM

hEY,, ok brace yourself...FIGHTCLUB...its epic, i recommend the movie over the book however (i swear its not becasue of the brad pitt component!)

ok well if you need any notes/quotes/essay on it, HIT ME BACK, be stoked to help y'all out

jaNetix

i just finished watching 'chicago'...ok it is so friggen good 4 powerplay..i link it to julius caesar..
however, im gunna have to watch it a few more times 2 realli get the good techniqes and links out

any1 already got notes on it?

monica defelice

chicago did rock...let me think richard gere or brad pitt....I think I'll stick with Fight Club! Cant help you...p.s dont you feel its too late to be finding ORM?? Sheesh, and i thought i was unprepared for this infamous 'HSC'...goodluck with it though, should work well..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)