Power Play: Representation?? (1 Viewer)

Ellzz

HSC
hey guys, i was just wondering what the actual module "Representation and text" requires of us.

Do we just talk about language and film techniques? or do we have to say how it impacts audience etc....or am i completely off track? lol

How much emphasise should we put on "representation" as oppsed to talking about "powerplay"?

feel free to post :)

zingerburger

HSC
You should be talking about TIE - how powerplay is represented (through Techniques), Illustrate with an example, and what Effect it has on the audience/you on a personal level, depending on what the question asks. They might not ask specifically for a "personal response", but you should talk about how that technique affects the audience responding to the text regardless.

So you shouldn't be talking about "powerplay" itself or the different types of power, but talking about what techniques are used to represent power and powerplay, and what effect it has on the audience. So you're on the right track, but you should combine all the things you've said into one argument, instead of talking about them separately.

I hope that helps.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)