postmodernism (1 Viewer)

arielbelle

HSC
N/A
does anyone have any exam questions for this elective? it could be for both essay and creative writing components.

massmon

2001 HSC English Extension 1 Paper

Elective 2: Postmodernism

"Suppose you have been asked to speak to students who are about to decide which elective to choose for next year's HSC English Extension 1 Course.

Persuade them to choose the Postmodernism Elective by drawing the attention to the adventure of postmodernism as a way into thinking about texts. Write out what you would say to them, making specific reference to at least ONE of the prescribed texts.

In your commentary, draw on what you have learned from your study of this elective."

arielbelle

HSC
N/A
thanks massmon, anybody else got any exam questions? it could also be assessment tasks from your schools too.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
our half yrly was a speech,

"postmodernism in both form and ideas challenges the traditional ways we think about texts. discuss in light of two texts of your own choosing"

(as a practise q, you should probably use at least one of the prescribed texts, i chose not to for the assessment, mostly cause i had yet to read the text at that point :p)

arielbelle

HSC
N/A
that's really lucky. i wouldn't dream of our school giving us a choice of texts to talk about. they'd ask us to refer to prescribed texts for sure, although in some ways, talking about additional material tests your skills a lot, particularly if there isn't much material about it.

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
I think it's because we haven't had a chance to use much in the way of related material for ext yet, so this was kind of our chance to practise, refine and get it right. :) We could've used 3 texts, which I was going to, until I realised '10 minutes... 3 texts... goodbye A range'. :) what are your prescribed? we're doing orlando, possession and dead white males

fingolfin101

One of my exam questions was to take a character out of a prescribe text and place him/her/it in a new context... write a creative piece

arielbelle

HSC
N/A
thanx for your input fingolfin.
for glycerine, we do orlando, FLW and DWM. we're about to start creative writing. i'm not sure i can flex that creative bone in my body (if it exists at all) in a postmodern way. has anyone started this unit or knows of any place where we can find postmodern stories as sample? once again, exam questions are welcome.

ms wendi

yeah ... same as fingolfin101..
for our school we have to choose a character from FLW and write a creative piece also =/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)