postmodernism (1 Viewer)

mayhemily

HSC
Well I kind of write in the post modern style but I can't seem to get a clear definition of what it is. How would you guys describe it?

Serpentia

Post modernism eh?

Just cut and paste a whole lot of things together - patiche

I'm actually being semi-serious.... make allusions to other literary/artistic pieces..........

We live in a PM era, everything you write will almost certainly reflect that..........or so PM dictates

I HATE POST MODERNISM!!

have a nice day :)

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
What aspects of postmodernism you use are really up to you - you don't have to follow ALL of the techniques that postmodern artists use...

m1nx

HSC
I find that postmodernism is pretty much like/is ART~ do whatever you like, smash the words up all together, use crazy/strange/obscure techniques and call it PM ;) (you've gotta love it.)

mayhemily

HSC
i dont want to 'follow' all the techniques per se, im just interested in what it is defined as and how everyone sees it.

KarmaKitten

HSC
there is no true definition. people argue over it. postmodern texts either have things such as pastiche, fragmentation etc.
ask your teacher?

fuckfoot

has no soul
HSC
i was wondering about this too, apparently i'm writing something post-modern
it came as quite a shock to me..

anti

aww.. baby raccoon ^^
HSC
I think you'll find that a lot of texts constructed these days are postmodern whether intentionally or not, simply because of the context that they were composed in. Personal opinion, of course. :)

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by mayhemily
Well I kind of write in the post modern style but I can't seem to get a clear definition of what it is. How would you guys describe it?

post modernism...to define it would be to undermine the very nature and core of the genre, to try and classify it as well, its a very tricky topic....but basically anything goes, as long as you can justify why it breaks conventions :D

aud

HSC
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postmodernism

Go there - it'll give you a complete description of the theory while still telling you it's impossible to clearly define it at the same time. I honestly have no interest in Postmodernism at the moment, so it all went over my head, but I'm sure if its what you're looking for you'll understand (hopefully :p)

mayhemily

HSC
thankyou! yeah like fuckfoot I had no idea I wrote like it til my teacher told me! so it really must be a natural response to the modern context or something...

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
LOL

that page is sooooooo simple in its analysis of it....

it is far deeper and far more confuzzling than that..

im gonna try and pull up the link...

OT: i just had a look at the threads posted while the 03's were still doing ee2 :D its funny to reflect upon them now

http://www.boredofstudies.org/community/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7865

a quick read of that should answer most questions, then if you still need help ill scan in my sheets on pomo

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)