Postmodernism students (Good Luck) (1 Viewer)

Coffee_Fan

Wait for the dark
Hey kids,

well, the HSC is coming up, and being a yr12 student last year, i know how you feel.
But, apart from all the stress, this was one subject i actually was passionate about and enjoyed studyinf for. Hence, the really good mark in the end.

All postmodern students, i wish you luck. I miss doing this subject so much!! Dead White Males is the best, and that was the text i focussed alot on in my exams. But, i also studied orlando and FLW and i loved them aswell.
If you have any questions about the unit, plz don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers, Coffee_Fan (call me Yoshi) (No, i am not Japanese, lol)

Lolliana

hm

i hated dead white males...i mean its funny and all, but at some points i was almost offended
what did you like so much about it?
would you be able to tell me what you used for your related texts?
i already have mine, i think i have a little more than i need but i was just interested, like you although i find this topic really frustrating i have grown to love it
ita totally engrossing

Coffee_Fan

Wait for the dark
Hey Lolliana.

DEAD WHITE MALES

DWM by David Williamson gave me a really bad impression the first time i read it. The play itself however, was easy to read, and yes at times gave me the shits with Swains views on the Canon. However, i found it pretty easy to write on in the exam. Swains (the postmodernist) and Angelas (the conventionalist) clashes about textual integrity, truths and untruths, and multiple perspectives were easy to interpret.
I suggest using this text heavily if the essay question is something about OLD VS NEW. However, this question was in last year's exam, so i doubt it.

ORLANDO

Potter's Orlando was utterly bizarre. I found it shit funny the first time i watched it, but the evidence of PM is so apparent it's not hard to write an essay on at all!! Discuss techniques, story line, challenging gender values, racial values, supernatural attributes and the like. USe this text if the question is on METHODS ON USING AND DELIVERING PM.

FLW

I didn't buy this book until our trial!! No joke, but all in all, not a bad read, took me fucking ages to read. Be sure to use Chapter 13 is it?? i can't remember, the one where Fowle's totally disrupts the story (as if he doesn't already in the novel!!). Challenges traditional 18/19th century genres by disrupting the storyline, be sure to use lots of quotes from this book when discussing how Fowle's uses PM techniques. Again read chapter 13? SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT CHAPTER IT IS.
Use this text if the question is on the DEFLATION OF THE TRADITIONAL ROMANCE FORMULA, or something like that.

EXTRA TEXTS

I used a number of extra texts. Shrek, Moulin Rouge, an episode from the Simpsons and a feminist view of the fairytale Snow White. Be sure to provide lots of examples when addressing other texts.

Hope i've helped, Yoshi

p.s. any other qs? Don't be afraid people

Lolliana

yeah lol
its chapter 13

i dont know yoshi...i found myself almost agreeing with Swains views on the Cannon, if he wasnt such a sleaze and extremeist id probably be 100 percent behind him!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)