Post your subjects for the coming semester! (1 Viewer)

mr_snrub

HSC
We need more discussion in this forum :)
Starting a new science degree at UTS, or continuing from last year?
Post the subjects you'll be studying this year and how you think you'll go!

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
this forum is always kind of dead :(

Im Bsci (biochem) 2nd yr

this year im enrolled in- general micro, metabolic biochem, physiological systems, anatomical path, analytical biochem, biochem: genes and disease, molecular biology, haematology 1 and immunology 1

mr_snrub

HSC
thejosiekiller said:
this forum is always kind of dead :(

Im Bsci (biochem) 2nd yr

this year im enrolled in- general micro, metabolic biochem, physiological systems, anatomical path, analytical biochem, biochem: genes and disease, molecular biology, haematology 1 and immunology 1
It's a shame not many more people use this forum, it's a good resource for UTS science students. Especially since the UTS online forums are monitored (and moderated) by course directors.
This is a good place for people to get help with pracs and assignments and whatever else.
Anyway, I might see you in General Micro :)

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
cells - take good notes for the lectures and do the past papers

chem - pay attention in the labs and also do past papers

sick_of_skool

HSC
B. of medical Sci./B. of laws here. For the autumn semester I'm doing cells, genetics and evolution and Chem 1C..like unistudent.
How r u guys finding the lectures so far.. I'm usually lost and v. sleepy in cells, genetics and evolution..maybe coz its new to me (i didn't do biology @ school) and the lectures r pretty long for tht 2 (1's 3.5 hrs). Not to mention, lecture room's freezing!lol. Chem 1C is quite OK though!

unistudent

HSC
sick_of_skool said:
B. of medical Sci./B. of laws here. For the autumn semester I'm doing cells, genetics and evolution and Chem 1C..like unistudent.
How r u guys finding the lectures so far.. I'm usually lost and v. sleepy in cells, genetics and evolution..maybe coz its new to me (i didn't do biology @ school) and the lectures r pretty long for tht 2 (1's 3.5 hrs). Not to mention, lecture room's freezing!lol. Chem 1C is quite OK though!
i get sleepy in cells and genetics too. i think it is because it is soo long, plus i didnt know anyone, so i got bored easily. but now i know people so hopefully it gets better.

chem 1C i have to take sooo many notes there is no possible way i can fall asleep because it is non-stop writing. why doesnt the lecturer post up her notes on uts online or at least let us buy them from the union shop?

thejosiekiller

every me
HSC
hahah

cells is always boring no matter what! remember to do the past exams and u will be fine :)

also chem 1a is easier because they post the lecture notes online, 1c doesnt for some reason

unistudent

HSC
so.. basically for the whole sem.. or whole year, if chem 2c is the same. we have to write non-stop notes in the chem lecture?

sick_of_skool

HSC
unistudent said:
i get sleepy in cells and genetics too. i think it is because it is soo long, plus i didnt know anyone, so i got bored easily. but now i know people so hopefully it gets better.

chem 1C i have to take sooo many notes there is no possible way i can fall asleep because it is non-stop writing. why doesnt the lecturer post up her notes on uts online or at least let us buy them from the union shop?
hey..summarised version of first 2 lectures for chem 1C are up on uts online...check them out.

HSC
N/A
Hey :)

I'm B. of MedSci/B. of Arts, Int. Studies

Subjects for this semester are:

CG&E
Chem 1C
Med Sci 1
Stats

Can anyone who's doing these subjects let me know if I missed anything in the first week's lectures?

Thanks

HSC
thejosiekiller said:
hahah

also chem 1a is easier because they post the lecture notes online, 1c doesnt for some reason
apparently the lecturer herself is not used to putting everything onto slides, and claims that formulas and equations are hard to do on word/powerpoint.

at least she got the first few slides up.

chem 1c is ok, it's revision of HSC chem until wk 5 so it should b fine

btw, i'm doing BScBBus

subs fer 1st sem: Managing People and Organisations
Chem 1C
MedSc1
Econfor Bus

seems like lots of people are in chem 1c/medsc1 ! :D

bernz

Hungry. Feed me.
HSC
I'm doing biotech/international studies. This semester I'm doing Chem 1A, CG&E, Med Sci 1 and Stats (mmm, Minitab... My friend drew a highly amusing cartoon about Minitab).

MT2006

HSC
N/A
im thinking of doin Bbiotechnology next yr at UTS, i was wondering what d course is like?? any advice/info would be appreciated...thnks

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)