Aclipse

HSC
just got my CSSA trial results today

ESL 95/100 1st
Maths 4 unit 90/120, 75% 2nd/11
Maths 3 unit 74/84 1st
Physics 88/100 1st
Chemistry 90/100 1st/ ~32-33
Economics 96/100 1st (independent paper because teacher hates cssa economics)

can't be bothered getting exact number of students in each class but there's roughly around 25 - 35 for each subject. Except for Econ, where it's a small group of less than 20
My school rank is somwhere around 290-300 last year and it's a public school (we bought the cssa papers)

If i keep this up in the externals (and improve a little bit, especialy on maths), what kind of ATAR am i looking at?

Oh and, although i came first in the trials, overall i'm second in ESL and chem..

thoth1

Banned
HSC

ESL 95/100 1st
Maths 3 unit 74/84 1st
Physics 88/100 1st

can't be bothered getting exact number of students in each class but there's roughly around 25 - 35 for each subject. Except for Econ, where it's a small group of less than 20
My school rank is somwhere around 290-300 last year and it's a public school (we bought the cssa papers)

If i keep this up in the externals (and improve a little bit, especialy on maths), what kind of ATAR am i looking at?
a pretty damn high one.

Hermes1

Banned
HSC
Am i going to be pulled down for doing ESL?
no. ESL doesnt align as badly as standard. to get a band 6 in ESL you need to be in the top 3.2% of the state but in Standard u have to be in the top 0.2% of the state.

Kimbles2011

HSC

ESL 95/100 1st
Maths 3 unit 74/84 1st
Physics 88/100 1st

Oh and, although i came first in the trials, overall i'm second in ESL and chem..
Wow brilliant marks.
Some of the highest i've heard for chem and eco.
The 2nd highest mark after yours that i've heard for chem was 83! well done, you gun!!!

HKK

HSC
lol,

Drama 3/9 - shit
English Advanced 3/77 - happy :)
Religion 7/19 - shit
Modern History 1/30 - wooooooooop
Legal - Can't remember/don't have paper but shittttt!

regal1

HSC
for cssa trials...

modern history: 97
PDHPE: 88
society and culture: 54 (out of 60)
english advanced : 71/100
community and family studies: 86

school ranks about 170, fluctuates significantly between years.

shangg

HSC
regal, could you post the society and culture cssa trial or explain the main jist of it. contin&change, belief systems, equality

imZerroo

HSC

ESL 95/100 1st
Maths 3 unit 74/84 1st
Physics 88/100 1st

crazy mark for chem, highest in our school was 79 and we are like 204 or something. physics, highest was 85. your marks are extremely good.
esp. esl.. did you find it really easy? i got 96 and i just have a feeling my teachers mark me easy coz they like me lol.

pyacoub

HSC
Im in yr 11 but i do accelerator courses of Mathematics 2-Unit adv and SOR:

My marks are Math: 97/120 BAND 6 (this is a very bad result for me i've done much better throughout the year but then again it CSSA so meh!) and SOR: 47/50 (lost 3 marks in MC: BURN JOB!)

Aclipse

HSC
crazy mark for chem, highest in our school was 79 and we are like 204 or something. physics, highest was 85. your marks are extremely good.
esp. esl.. did you find it really easy? i got 96 and i just have a feeling my teachers mark me easy coz they like me lol.

ESL for me is almost as hard as 4 unit maths. It's my weakest subject probably because I don't appreciate the mumbo jumbo that they talk about. (techniques etc), but i ended up doing pretty good, don't know why.
My teachers said that they marked it HSC style, but after i looked at my essay, i wonder if actual HSC markers will give me 18s and 19s for them..

As for chem, i got lucky because the questions that come up is stuff that I know lol..
What i'm slightly pissed off about is i spent like much much more time on physics because I enjoy physics more by far, but I ended up doing better in chem o.o
I even considered dropping chem because i liked physics and eco more. But my advisor said that my physics mark is the one probably not going to be counted =.=

96 for ESL! that's really good

anne1010

HSC
ESL for me is almost as hard as 4 unit maths. It's my weakest subject probably because I don't appreciate the mumbo jumbo that they talk about. (techniques etc), but i ended up doing pretty good, don't know why.
My teachers said that they marked it HSC style, but after i looked at my essay, i wonder if actual HSC markers will give me 18s and 19s for them..

As for chem, i got lucky because the questions that come up is stuff that I know lol..
What i'm slightly pissed off about is i spent like much much more time on physics because I enjoy physics more by far, but I ended up doing better in chem o.o
I even considered dropping chem because i liked physics and eco more. But my advisor said that my physics mark is the one probably not going to be counted =.=

i do std eng but think the same thing. i was reading my essays and im like...this doesnt deserve this mark. i even think our eng dpt marks quite hard actually

imZerroo

HSC

i got 20/20 for all three essays but when i read over them, im like WTF, srsly 20 for this bs?
im getting my friends in standard and advance to just look at em once and give me feedback. i tried asking this teacher who teaches advance to check one of my sample essays and she told me off and told me to show it to my own teacher :L

highest for chem in our school was 79.. and that kid is a friggin genius, so no you cannot have fluked that chem test :p
i enjoy bio soo much but never seem to be in the top 10 in our school for it and i work sooo bloody hard at it. chem i was gonna drop after yr 11 but started doing good in it and i basically sleep in class. so it's like the same story for bio and chem lol

Aclipse

HSC
i got 20/20 for all three essays but when i read over them, im like WTF, srsly 20 for this bs?
im getting my friends in standard and advance to just look at em once and give me feedback. i tried asking this teacher who teaches advance to check one of my sample essays and she told me off and told me to show it to my own teacher :L

highest for chem in our school was 79.. and that kid is a friggin genius, so no you cannot have fluked that chem test :p
i enjoy bio soo much but never seem to be in the top 10 in our school for it and i work sooo bloody hard at it. chem i was gonna drop after yr 11 but started doing good in it and i basically sleep in class. so it's like the same story for bio and chem lol
Which Electives do you do?

We do Australian voices, - Stolen Children by Carmel bird and Workplace and community texts

I wrote like almost 4 pages for belonging and voices to get 19 and 18
I only wrote less than 2 pages for the speech in workplace and community and i got a 19!

imZerroo

HSC
Wow.. I did 9 pages for belonging.
Australian Voices- Movie: Castle- i did 7 pages i think
and Living and Working in the Community: i did 5-6 pages.

I got 20 for all of em. Made my teacher mark it again yesterday, and she found like 10 mistakes in my belonging essay and im like what should i get now, and she said i still think its a 20 material. so idk, im just not gonna argue and try my best i guess. they do mark hsc papers.

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
Wow.. I did 9 pages for belonging.
Australian Voices- Movie: Castle- i did 7 pages i think
and Living and Working in the Community: i did 5-6 pages.

I got 20 for all of em. Made my teacher mark it again yesterday, and she found like 10 mistakes in my belonging essay and im like what should i get now, and she said i still think its a 20 material. so idk, im just not gonna argue and try my best i guess. they do mark hsc papers.
lucky XD.

my teachers are so precise they circle every mistake and yeah correct my grammar and etc in my exam essays. (but its a good for a cause)

but i ended up with 17/18/15 =.= bad marks but solid effort for 5hrs of study for my 3 modules. (I got lazy zzz)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)