• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Post your complete UAC Preferences (1 Viewer)

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
Natstar said:
Remember non recent year 12 leavers have different cutoffs to what the 2004 year 12 students have, that you dont find out.
I tried to get into B Business at newcastle last year, the cutoff was 71.xx and my UAI was 75.75, the cutoff off went up to 73.xx and i still didnt get in. You have a bit of room to move- having ur UAI a bit more higher than the cutoff.
Nah mate, I rang up the Uni (CSU) and was told i'd be counted in the 2004 group, I didn't have separate criteria. I was worried I wouldn't get in, with my marks because I'd heard of this happening by the lady said it was fine, at CSU you're put against everyone, not separate groups.

Found out too, it was 70.00 the cut off, I got 78.05 so fingers crossed ;)

Why didn't you go to Newcastle to begin with?

White Rabbit

Bloody Shitcakes
HSC
hiffs --> Wollongong is usually pretty good when it comes to just missing out. quite often they force offers, even when your UAI is 2 or 3 points below the cut off. Also, you live anywhere between the Shire and Kiama? They automatically give locals 5 extra UAI points (It possibly goes all the way down to Bega, seeing as how there's centres in Batmans Bay)

Dunno how often offers are forced with the Gong in the Law faculty, but theres still a good chance ;) Good Luck!

Ziff

HSC
N/A
White Rabbit said:
hiffs --> Wollongong is usually pretty good when it comes to just missing out. quite often they force offers, even when your UAI is 2 or 3 points below the cut off. Also, you live anywhere between the Shire and Kiama? They automatically give locals 5 extra UAI points (It possibly goes all the way down to Bega, seeing as how there's centres in Batmans Bay)

Dunno how often offers are forced with the Gong in the Law faculty, but theres still a good chance ;) Good Luck!
Yeah. It's 3 UAI points and it does go down to Bega: http://www.uow.edu.au/prospective/bonus.html

tabbi_neubeck

minus the neubeck part
HSC
well it makes me happy to see that very few people are wanting to do what i want to.... anyways here are my preferences for any of those who are interested

1. B Education (Primary) @ CSU Bathurst

2. B Social Science (Pshycology)/ B Teaching (Primary) @ CSU Bathurst

3. B Education (Early Childhood) @ CSU Bathurst

4. B Education (Primary) @ UOW

5. B Mathematics Education @ UOW (Loftus campus)

6. B Education (K - 12 Middle Schooling) @ CSU Albury-Wagonga

7. B Mathematics @ UOW

8. B Education (Primary) @ SCU Lismore

9. B Science @ UNE

anyway good luck to everyone!!!!!

doofus bob

all of them are at USYD cept the two listed, it just worked out that way

the less people that put health sciences the better! everyone should do business or teaching! and hot guys should take over the left over health sciences places when i get in *sighs* in my dreams...;)

physio
physio [full fee]
exercise and sport science
health and sport science- UNSW
speech pathology
diagnostic radiography
occupational therapy
marine science
exercise science- ACU

jase_

Moderator Jase
HSC
In reference to some of my other posts in this thread:

It has been brought to my attention that it could be possible to do a combined Business degree, such as BBus/BComp, and then internally transfer down into BBus. As for dropping down to the BScIT, I doubt you can do this internally and you will most likely have to do it through UAC. Anyways, what I'm trying to say is, those of you that do want to try and transfer after first year into the BBus single degree, try an internal course transfer and see how you go, because it could get accepted, as has happened to some people this year. Obviously, if you really want to transfer, then it doesn't hurt to also try a normal UAC transfer as well.

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
Hmm...

Bachelor of Applied Finance/Bachelor of Commerce - Actuarial Studies at Macquarie University

Bachelor of Commerce - Actuarial Studies/Bachelor of Economics at Macquarie University

Bachelor of Commerce - Actuarial Stds and Bachelor of Science at Macquarie University

Bachelor of Commerce - Actuarial Studies at Macquarie University

Bachelor of Commerce at University of New South Wales

Bachelor of Applied Finance/Bachelor of Economics at Macquarie University

Bachelor of Applied Finance/B Commerce - Accounting at Macquarie University

Bachelor of Economics at University of New South Wales

Bachelor of Science (Advanced Science) at University of New South Wales

mushroom_head

holey moley!
HSC
1. B Optometry@unsw
2. B Commerce/B Arts @unsw
3. B Commerce/B Arts @usyd
4. B Commerce@usyd
5. B Business/B Arts international studies@uts
6. B Business@uts
7. B Commerce(marketing, tourism&hospitality)@unsw

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
mushroom_head said:
1. B Optometry@unsw
2. B Commerce/B Arts @unsw
3. B Commerce/B Arts @usyd
4. B Commerce@usyd
5. B Business/B Arts international studies@uts
6. B Business@uts
7. B Commerce(marketing, tourism&hospitality)@unsw
you may struggle to get into optometry with 97. it will most likely be 98ish cause it has a small intake and most applicants are very smart. but with extra places you could be lucky

mushroom_head

holey moley!
HSC
lukebennett said:
you may struggle to get into optometry with 97. it will most likely be 98ish cause it has a small intake and most applicants are very smart. but with extra places you could be lucky
yeah i know. i'm not really expecting to get into optometry. Just hoping that i'm lucky and the cutoff happens to decrease by 1.05. lol, but what are the chances eh?
So they're putting in extra places this year???

lukebennett

Happy Member
HSC
oh i dont know but theres extra places in many courses.

good luck though :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)