Post your 2007 University Offers Here! (1 Viewer)

koolio1234u

HSC
i dunno about everyone here but ive noticed a fair bit of corruption in terms of hsc student gettin in uni courses when their uai is lower than the cutoof...and its not only this year but in recent years ive heard of stuff like this happening..... has our system failed?.........im happy with my course..got 1st preference b engineering (civil) at USYD.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Bob. said:
Nah i think you can. once you get into honours, which you probably need to get a d average to get in, you're bunched in with everyone because its such a small honours program (i think). you can only become a registered psychologist once you've completed a masters degree or done 2 year clinical work exp. once again i hope this is right because its what I'm counting on. And the point of doing a b psych is that it actually allows you to do more psych units than in a BA or other degrees.
huh? the psych honours program is massive. you are required to do the honours year as part of the b psych degree. and yes you get clinical work experience, but i think youre only eligible for tis with b psych. best to contact the school of psych

Bob.

HSC
is 55 a huge program? i thought that was pretty small considering it can stream from so many degrees. and you're not guarenteed to get into honours even if you're studying the B psych. i think... and why would usyd offer a speicalised program BA(psych) which had a uai of like 97-98 i think if it didnt lead into a career as a psychologist.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
55 is quite large for honours. because psychology goes hand in hand with some arts subjects. just like theres a b education (psychology) with the psychology complimenting the education component.

Bob.

HSC
ah ok i just saw 55 and thought that was really small for a class. with honours, what are the prerequisits for once? I went onto the school of psychology website and all their masters programs were called different things. is it as long as you have an honours in that disicpline you can be accepted into a masters program?

stazi

Nightman
HSC
masters isn't honours. masters comes AFTER honours. not sure the requirements or prereqs though. masters in business is done after you have work experience. you then take the GMAT or something like that, and apply with your portfolio of Degree/Experience/GMAT (or whatever it is) scores.

Bob.

HSC
its actually 90 now, they increased it for 2007. And it doesnt matter what degree you do, if 90 people doing arts and science majoring in psych get a higher average than people doing b psych, they will be accepted over the people doing a b psych.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
not sure - as to become a practicing psychologist im pretty sure you HAVE to do honours.

and 90 is maaassive. i mean even government which is famous for having a lot of honours students (as you need to seperate yourself to succeed in that field) has about 15-20 people each year doing it.

robo-andie

HSC
Bachelor of Arts (Communication – Public Relations and Organisational Communication)/Business Studies. - CSU Bathurst Campus.

First Preference! :D I'm so happy.

torne

HSC
NSW engineering flex... but I wnt to gt to Sydney........!!!!!!! Im not sure if i can change it now but my UAI is 85.9 and th cut off is 85.35- do u think i can still et a late offer to Syd eng?

kimberlin

HSC
This is the email i got back from unsw .

Dear Kimberlin

The cut-off is correct. This cut-off is dependent on preferences that applicants have listed.

Kind regards
Michelle

Jachie

it ain't easy being white
HSC
Holy shit. How much did B.Arts (Media & Communications) at USYD drop?!

whoaaa.

Hamishw

HSC
I got Bachelor of Computing (Business Information Systems/E-Business) at UWS Parramatta. YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

poopoohead

HSC
Combined Law degree program @ University of Newcastle. both CSP and DFEE. no guess as to which one im going to chose

topdeck

HSC
Jachie said:
Holy shit. How much did B.Arts (Media & Communications) at USYD drop?!

whoaaa.
Isn't it 98.45? Thats like exactly the same as last year isn't it?

madcoretom

HSC
i got offered Software Development at Wollongongg (UOW) which is good and all, but i have no accomodation.. entries closed BEFORE change of preferences, so i've emailed and phoned all of their adresses and numbers with no response and need somwhere to live, cos at the moment i live 6 hours away. on the other hand i could go to rmit.. but i need to change to a lower preference, cos i screwed it up. :p

so if anyone can help with UOW accommodation that wouls mean a million bucks for me right now:mad1:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)