Post your 2006 UAI here! (1 Viewer)

angmor

momentica-one.deviantart.
HSC
gracerawl88 said:
yes i agree, would they still be upset if they got 99.99? or even 100 if thats possible.. their mother needs to smack them over the head

dont worry about faggots who post about how unhappy they are with uais of 99+. Those people are simply arrogant bastards who just want to brag about their uai and act ignorant.

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
CDA said:
all those ppl that think elitists who complain about 99+ uai's suck, coz they have every right to complain if they have much higher expectations. Also, its much more difficult to improve in the 99-100 range. i.e. its really difficult to get from 99.1 to say 99.9 as opposed to 92 to 95. So if someone with 99+ is crying, let them and don't say "look at the ppl around you" - do you really think they have no idea about how worse other ppl did? of course they do, but they are bitter coz they did worse than expecations and may have missed out on comm/law if they got less than 99.55 OR they may have missed out on a late round offer for medicine even if they got more than 99.55. If you havnt already guessed by now im one of those bitter what you call "elitist" ppl tho i dont think im elitist at all:

SAM - 99.45

JUAI - 99.5

UAI - 99.55

- SUX
All in all, it's just a number...where many people actually believe that it's because of THAT that determines where they head towards in life. For some people, they just have too much of a high expectation on themselves in which they just can't reach. They have to admit that to themselves eventhough it may be degrading.

Redkoala

HSC
Originally Posted by Etheral
how's that work?
Sparcod said:
They pretend that you got 5 extra points and theyll measure u up against everyone else that way.

I'm not too sure on that.

It's under Elite Performers Scheme. It doesn't add 5 points to your UAI, it just means you can get into most courses that are 5 points above what you got. The idea behind it is that if you weren't gallavanting around representing the nation, that you would have had more time to study, and got higher marks. I think five points is too much, but I'm not complaining!

fruitarian

HSC
I got 99.85

I'm so so so excited.

Congrats everyone. Sounds like we all went well...

I still cant believe that is my number. I keep double checking lol....im such a geek.

lala2

Banned
HSC
Congrats to everyone so far--whether down to the 30s (don't think anything that low has been posted yet?) up to Virtual with a well deserved UAI of 100, you have gotten to the end of your 13 years of schooling and should be proud of it. There's always alternate courses and ways. And many people with lower UAIs in a course end up pawning those with higher UAIs.

Back to the topic:

- One family friend got a UAI of 64, aiming to do UWS Business, but he's a good person, so it will take him far in life
- Another family friend didn't specify--bit upset I think--but he's aiming to do UWS Health Science, and perhaps transfer into physio but he's still thinking it through. But he was glad he made the cut-off for UWS so that he doesn't need to go to Canberra!

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
aliasfan said:
In a year you will be UA-What?
I?

CDA said:
all those ppl that think elitists who complain about 99+ uai's suck, coz they have every right to complain if they have much higher expectations. Also, its much more difficult to improve in the 99-100 range. i.e. its really difficult to get from 99.1 to say 99.9 as opposed to 92 to 95. So if someone with 99+ is crying, let them and don't say "look at the ppl around you" - do you really think they have no idea about how worse other ppl did? of course they do, but they are bitter coz they did worse than expecations and may have missed out on comm/law if they got less than 99.55 OR they may have missed out on a late round offer for medicine even if they got more than 99.55. If you havnt already guessed by now im one of those bitter what you call "elitist" ppl tho i dont think im elitist at all:

SAM - 99.45

JUAI - 99.5

UAI - 99.55

- SUX
I hope you get a late round med offer ambati. That uai looks tops to me :(

spadijer said:
98, exactly. (Highest in Moorebank High's history) I'm quite interested how this works UAI thing works.

I scored 50/50 for extension 2 english and 49/50 for history extension - ranked 2nd in the State. But man, my school dragged me down for sciences. 42 people did biology, not one band 6. Do I dare say more? I decided to get a re-count on the sciences that pulled my UAI down - plain humanities, I think I would of hit 99+ without a doubt.
SO does that :( Ahahahaha nice going steven. Maybe ANU will still take you with that state ranking for history extension ;)

I am posting in thread.

My uasigh was 57.89

Well i randomly mixed the numbers around because i'm avant-garde :eek: (and content but slightly emo with the final outcome)

peterpandied

HSC
NSW UAI: 94.20

SAM Predicted: 93.60

Uhhh I hope Sydney Medical Science cut-off doesn't go up... or else i m f**ked

Etheral

HSC
Redkoala said:
It's under Elite Performers Scheme. It doesn't add 5 points to your UAI, it just means you can get into most courses that are 5 points above what you got. The idea behind it is that if you weren't gallavanting around representing the nation, that you would have had more time to study, and got higher marks. I think five points is too much, but I'm not complaining!
yerp jsut checked it on the net, hmm ive been playing some state tennis competition, but maybe not excessively to hinder my uai too radically. nevertheless i need that .2 more to get wher ei want

btw here's the link for anyone interested:
http://www.usyd.edu.au/fstudent/careers/communicate/nov06/elite.shtml

sx4daboiz

HSC
N/A
88 :( :(
SAM predicted like 60 when I put in my trial marks?? and then the day I got my HSC results it predicted 86.55 which was close but whats the point if it only works one day before?

sx4daboiz

HSC
N/A
brobinson said:
Well I was really hoping for 90+ but with my maths mark it really wasn't possible. O well.
SAM said 87.75
UAI: 87.45

English (adv) 81
Maths 65
Business Studies 89
Geography 90
IPT 92
wow i am surprised you got so high with those marks! maths must really scale up!

L

littlewing69

sx4daboiz said:
88 :( :(
SAM predicted like 60 when I put in my trial marks?? and then the day I got my HSC results it predicted 86.55 which was close but whats the point if it only works one day before?
Any tool is only as good as the moron behind the controls.

slix_88

HSC
SAM: 98.45
NSW UAI: 98.70

Meh, a lil happy i guess. Hope i get into actuarial at macquarie!

Ioup

HSC
SAM= 86.55

UAI= 87.40

TER CONVERSION= 95!!

MUAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHH.
Thank you bonus points. :)

tiramisu25489

HSC
JUAI Predicted 92.1
SAM Predicted 92.3
NSW UAI: 92.15

Severely glad I got 90+, but slightly disappointed cause b of comm at USYD is 93.4 (or 93.5?? haha I can't remember).. so now, EAS or that broadway scheme thing must must mustttt be kind to me and help me out :D

Congrats to everyone!!

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
unless youre planning on transferring, the uai means jack shit once you hit uni

becsim08

HSC
sam predicted 98.3
nsw uai 99.05

Really really pleased with myself. It was pretty big because I don't go to a city selective or private. I got in the paper and on the news etc etc. I seriously cannot get over myself right now. I wish the UAI was the be all and end all.

jpcg

HSC
99.45!!!!!!!! WOO HOO!!

sam predicted 99.05! sooo im sooo happy!!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)