Post up Estimate Marks! (1 Viewer)

fishy89sg

HSC
gaoOO said:
well, first, i don't do coaching. The only times i do maths are when there are exams, in which i usually do about 3-4 hours in the week leading up to the exam.
i'm not one of those 'i do 4 hours a night' kids. That's only in the week before school exams.

fishy, it's an image so you can probably upload on an image server and then link
sorry for the double post but i converted to a pdf file and i deleted the pic files

abrocornish

HSC
mmm maths

well that was a let down.

probably the worst test ive ever done!!!!

firstly the printer mustve broke cos i couldnt read question 6 at all, so i lost marks there..probably 15!!!!!
THEN THE EXAMINERS ONLY GAVE ME 2 HOURS TO DO THE TEST!!! SO I LEFT N ONLY REALISED LATER THAT IT WAS A 3 HOUR TEST.
it was cos i am the only 4 unit student at my school, the rest dropped maths all together so i think the markers got sick of supervising just one student.

im thinkin i mite appeal. cos i was aiming at a high 90's mark.
despite section 6 being missed i think i only dropped 1 or 2 marks in the time i had.

well theres a bad hair day.

lucky i only do maths for fun. my main contributors are agriculture and metal and engineering. gonna be a welder when i leave so hope my uai will be suffice.

:mad1: :mad1: :mad1: :mad1: :mad1: :mad1: :mad1: :mad1:

bikapika

HSC
gaoOO said:
well, first, i don't do coaching. The only times i do maths are when there are exams, in which i usually do about 3-4 hours in the week leading up to the exam.
i'm not one of those 'i do 4 hours a night' kids. That's only in the week before school exams.

fishy, it's an image so you can probably upload on an image server and then link
thats the same as me lol. well almost, since i did about 1/3 of textbook questions and past papers since 1998 prior to the hsc, omg and ur raw mark is 30~40 more than mine and u studied less

lol i was so confident of getting 90+ at the beginning and then due to poor time management i skipped a few questions which i knew how to do but it was like only 2 marks and i decided to have a go on q7 and q8 as i saw some easy marks

c there is a funny question, see for a 2~3 mark "show" question, i started it with all the neccessary written explainations, then during the algebra working out of it, i decided to skip steps in order to gain extra time on other questions, and then i finished it with the given "show" answer, do they usually give me a mark or 2 for unfinished questions like these? omg if they do, then maybe i can get 85ish :)

so what r u aiming for uai? 99.95+? good luck for everything im so proud of u :)

Vasc0

HSC
I'd say about 110/120 with one or two silly mistakes...I found it much easier than the 2006 HSC I tried yesterday.

G

gaoOO

SoulSearcher said:
I don't even do that.
lol, that's coz you're a freak.

fishy, i'm sure there are file hosting sites that will accept pdf files.

gotheswanz

HSC
i reckon i did pretty ok

q1: 14/15 ( i think i stuffed the last part of the integration by parts)
q2: 15/15
q3: 15/15
q4: 15/15
q5: 12/15
q6: 14/15
q7: 10/15
q8: 7/15
TOTAL: 102/120 (maybe more or less depending on how hard they mark/ silly mistakes)

but we will wait and see. not bad seeing everyone else in my school dropped 4unit lol :D plus i reckon throughtout the year, i wouldve been lucky to do 2 hours a week at home on 4unit i would be wrapped just to get an e4. do u reckon anything near this mark will get me an e4??

i agree also that it is quite often the smartest kids who go onto BOS after the test and post their marks and as such this is not a very good representation of how everyone who did it would have gone

HSC
pLuvia said:
Didn't think the test would have been easier than the 2006 paper by the looks of your estimated marks lol. Anyone care to scan me a copy of the paper so I can see for myself?
I don't have a scanner, but I utilised my digital camera with great effect.

http://images.starcraftmazter.net/maths/hsc_ext2/

That's all the pages, note 10.jpg isn't missing, I just can't count.

JasonNg1025

HSC
drynxz said:
Pretty good...accelerated student i see.

I guess mine to be. Without silly mistakes.
Question 1: 15/15
Question 2: 15/15
Question 3: 15/15
Question 4: 11/15
Question 5: 13/15
Question 6: 13/15
Question 7: 7/15
Question 8: 1/15

Ran outta time. So without mistakes would be 90
With mistakes would be maybe 70-80
haha thanks, you're the first one to realise...
I just confirmed I got the 1mark q6 and 1mark q8 bits wrong

tracyquang

HSC
when there was 30 mins left i caught up to question 7
i often leave out question 8
then i calculated the marks i missed = appro. 40 marks
so yeah i'm expecting 80/120 plz plz no mistake plz plz

mizanila2

MASTER MASON
HSC
it was pretty easy. i predict da following:
Q1:15/15
Q2:15/15
Q3:15/15
Q4:14/15
Q5:15/15
Q6:13/15
Q7:12/15
Q8:13/15

the raindrop question was hard i think the answer was pi squared on 2
hope uai is 99.99

bikapika

HSC
tracyquang said:
when there was 30 mins left i caught up to question 7
i often leave out question 8
then i calculated the marks i missed = appro. 40 marks
so yeah i'm expecting 80/120 plz plz no mistake plz plz
hey tracy good to see u again (remember esl?)

so how did u go with the other exams? feelin aright?

angelbird72

HSC
I think that I got about 61/120.

I couldn't be bothered to go back through and keep track of which question was which, but I didn't do anything for question 8 and for question 6 I probably only got the one mark for the significance of -0.2v^2. I wrote so many answers out in words because I just couldn't be bothered to translate things into maths-ese.

I'm pretty happy with that actually, considering I really didn't put effort into the course; I just did it because it was interesting and because my teachers all wanted me to. Since I have 12 units I just figure this one probably won't count. I've just gotta hope at my Ext 2 English goes down well (My teacher said it could be considered a threat to the board of studies)...

I was really surprised at how easy all of the conics in there was. There were a few little niggly bits, but I think I got a fair proportion of 7 out; not a) so much but b) and c). I found that I just had the overwhelming desire throughout the exam to flick to the back and check the answers.

curt561

HSC
Hi guys.
started off great but went downhill very quickly. Im hoping that its mainly the smarter people who post on this website coz your marks are miles ahead of mine.

Looking at around 60-70/120, not bad considering the little effort i put into my preperation.

Can anyone tell me which band i am likely to end up with. thnx

Last edited:

Valentin0

HSC
N/A
question 6 b part 2
significance of -0.2 v^2 is that of air resistance :)

tracyquang

HSC
bikapika said:
hey tracy good to see u again (remember esl?)

so how did u go with the other exams? feelin aright?
ahaha yes i was gonnna say hello
i went for business ok and math 3 is coming
my last subject is vietnamese so yeah after 3 units this wednesday i'm going mad :D
i was calculating my 4 units mark again i'm thinking iam a 70/120 is that an E2? T.T *cries*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)