Post Trials Hangover (1 Viewer)

geek_girl

HSC
I am currently in what I call "The Post Trials Hangover" and am in a state of inertia where I am feeling completely zonked out from Trials prep even though I completely let loose to do nothing for 3 whole days after the exams. Now it is time to get on track for the HSC, but I feel completely unmotivated/uninterested and am feeling sick of having to slog away at studying again until the beginning of November. This is a serious drawback for me since I messed up my internals(including my Trials probably) and am determined to perform to a high standard in the HSC(90-100 in everything). I can't afford to take a longer break now as I am afraid my procrastination during my Trials preparation period will repeat(during Trials, I kept putting off studying until I realised I only had a week to cram a year 's worth of content across six subs and do past papers) and I will find myself once again doomed at my own hand, but on the other side I don't feel as though I can achieve anything productive in my current state of lethargy. What should I do? :(

its_ace21

/æɪs/
HSC
I am currently in what I call "The Post Trials Hangover" and am in a state of inertia where I am feeling completely zonked out from Trials prep even though I completely let loose to do nothing for 3 whole days after the exams. Now it is time to get on track for the HSC, but I feel completely unmotivated/uninterested and am feeling sick of having to slog away at studying again until the beginning of November. This is a serious drawback for me since I messed up my internals(including my Trials probably) and am determined to perform to a high standard in the HSC(90-100 in everything). I can't afford to take a longer break now as I am afraid my procrastination during my Trials preparation period will repeat(during Trials, I kept putting off studying until I realised I only had a week to cram a year 's worth of content across six subs and do past papers) and I will find myself once again doomed at my own hand, but on the other side I don't feel as though I can achieve anything productive in my current state of lethargy. What should I do? :(
how many past papers have you done? If not all Id say start off with them

aulinia

HSC
Hey,

I can definitely relate to this feeling of lethargy and not being motivated despite wanting to do really well in HSC. It’s important to start small - you’re realistically not going to start doing 8 hours of revision everyday; break up everything into small, manageable chunks and just make a start, even if it’s just looking over your notes, even just looking at past papers and brainstorming how you would respond to them, looking at your syllabus, etc. Over time you can build it up. If I’ve learned one thing it’s not to wait for motivation, you have to get up and start working, even if you start small, instead of relying on boosts of motivation to get you going.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)