• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Post Trials ATAR Estimate Please :) (1 Viewer)

Lucina

HSC
So I'm just looking for a 92.3 ATAR and I'm curious how I stand in relation to this goal, since I'm pretty clueless on the actual reality of ATAR calculation.
School Rank: 31
Maths Advanced: 27/61
English Advanced: 34/153
Business Studies: 19/39
PDHPE: 15/15 :( (I'm not sure if it matters at all but the mark spread is pretty minimal, i.e. the difference from 1st place to me is 9%)
Modern History: 5/12 (Same for above, the mark spread is really, really close)

Last edited:

Meccaman

HSC
Unfortunately since this is post trials, mark spreads in subjects dont really matter anymore ):
id be guessing you would have a high 80's atar atm, approximately 88? Pdhpe is really going to drag you down since for 50% of that, you'll be getting the worst mark in your school (which fortunately probably wont be too bad considering your school rank is good). If u blitz externals, I still think you can get 92.3, possibly even 93! good luck :) and MAKE SURE to do well especially for pdh, most likely scenario your internals are going to be lower than externals

Fiction

HSC
I would say 91-93 ish if you do decent in externals. You're probably looking at 2-3 b6s (Eng, math, modern). Being bottom ranked in PE will affect your mark since you're only doing 10 units, however subjects with small cohorts in schools, I find anyways, tend to do quite well. As in, it's easier to pull everyone up than say in a subject with larger cohort numbers. And your classmates, if they want to do well, will want to pull you up since your mark can potentially affect theirs.
Good luck! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)