POST- HSC anxiety (1 Viewer)

roxie_b

HSC
i feel really bad about most of my exams, i remember all the qus i failed pathetically on, but i guess among the bad qus there should be some good ones. i hope. but im trying not to think about my uai, i will be on the other side of the world for the next year and that little uni number will mean nothing...for a while....

elisabeth

HSC
Abtari said:
ur not serious are u? don't tell me uni is like a lot harder than school...i was hoping for a little ease at uni..
Are you frigging joking? Uni is what separates society's most educated people, who often perform highly skilled jobs, from those who have just finished high school.

The system would be majorly fucked up if it was easier to do the HSC (be it HSC level physics or more bludgy subjects) than it was do get an actual physics, education, maths... degree.

Abtari

HSC
uve obviously misunderstood wot i was saying..

any idiot knows that university level studies is necessarily more difficult than a mere year 12 level..

the point i was trying to make (and which u have mistaken) is whether the studyload/stressload/intensity during university will be greater than or less than the HSC level..

there is no debate about the actual course content

elisabeth

HSC
OK, but still, it's university and I'd hope that the studyload is more than high school. I mean, unlike most of what we learn in the HSC, what we learn at uni shouldn't be forgotten afterwards, or so I'd hope. And again, I expect there to be more pressure because it's not about getting a 4/5 digit number at the end, but a degree, and there is no word-for-word syllabus like we get for a lot of HSC subjects. Good old dotpoints. You know? I guess, somewhat like the HSC, the stress may rise exponentially to the results you hope to get.

Abtari

HSC
i thought that uni wouldnt be as stressful in that ur not worried about achieving a certain level (uai) in order to get admissions into uni etc..

in uni, even though academic performance and grasping knowledge is important (for future career), the pressure factor is significantly less as there is no such 'competition' or anxiety over achieving a certain cut-off.. and admittedly there is more freedom too..:D

fleepbasding

HSC TUTOR
HSC
jaihson said:
Yeah Im having dreams about exams as well! I have ones where i get into the exam and i cant answer the questions. Like one was the english extension 1 exam and i opened my paper to see a question with a 4 page stimulus text and then the the phrase "Postmodernism is posh posh posh. Discuss with reference to the provided text"
ha ha, I had an almost identical nightmare a few nights ago!

I wrote about it in another thread, but I'll paste it here for you...

"I had an exam nightmare last night.

It was english extension. I had to run all aorund town (for some reason I can't remember) right before the exam, causing me to miss almost all of the 5 minutes reading-time. Then the first essay question had an accompanying source that was atleast 20 pages long, and the question was pretty obtuse too.

Then I couldn't find the second question, and began walking around the exam room asking people if there was a another question. They told me to look in a little exercise book on my desk, where I found the second question, scrawled in my own handwriting. It was a killer question- it asked me to write in the format of 2 people having a conversation/interview, backstage while a play was occuring (the play was not one of the play's we had studied for english extension), and this conversation was to take place while the 1st and last scenes of the play were being enacted. Needless to say, I was pretty screwed as I searched for ways to adapt my answer to these questions... I remember thinking in the dream, "Fuck, BOS must've really wanted to fuck us up this year"...

So anyway, I sat there for about 15 minutes trying to get my head around the questions, when a telephone began ringing. The ring became louder and suddenly everything began dissloving. The telephone was our homephone, and it hit me that I was only dreaming. The relief was indescribable."

Abtari

HSC
lol.. dreams/nightmares are the weirdest things..

especially ones about exams..

jaihson

HSC
fleepbasding said:
it asked me to write in the format of 2 people having a conversation/interview, backstage while a play was occuring (the play was not one of the play's we had studied for english extension), and this conversation was to take place while the 1st and last scenes of the play were being enacted.
That's actually a pretty interesting question....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)