Post Grad Entry to Medicine via GAMSAT etc etc (1 Viewer)

HSC
Hi I'm just in my first yr doing Radiation Therapy and I'm interested in doing Medicine for postgrad.
So from what I understand the process involves:

1. In my final year of Radiation Therapy I should register to sit the GAMSAT (hopefully my GPA will be over 5.5 -- btw does your academic transcript tell you what your GPA is? or I have to use the calculator provided on the GAMSAT site?)
  2. Then if my GAMSAT results meet the cutoffs, i'll be invited to an interview
  3. Then after that I finally find out if I'm accepted into the course or not?

I was also wondering if I JUST meet the cutoffs and requirements of the interview, what are the chances of me still being accepted into the course? Because i understand that there are only about 200 or so Commonwealth supported places, and they give out the acceptances in order of who got the highest results first?

Thanks in advanced!

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
Proper procedure:

1. You apply to sit GAMSAT in your final or penultimate year.
1a. If results are unsatisfactory in your penultimate year, repeat in final year.
2. After receiving your GAMSAT result, you apply for application in your final year to the admission center (if your GPA is sufficient).
3. If your GAMSAT is sufficiently high, you get an interview.
4. Offers are made after interview.

While interviews are offered to approximately 1.5 times of positions, the final mark is an aggregate of your GAMSAT and interview score, so having a low GAMSAT score is somewhat disadvantageous.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)