Post Exam Anxiety (1 Viewer)

*rinney*

HSC
Is it just me, or are there others out there who leave the exam feeling confident that you've given it your best shot, then, reflecting back on it later on or by talking to others about it, feel like you've screwed it up...or think "shit...i should have written that here, or improved on that" i like dont stress or anything before exams but afterwards i always have some regrets at answers ive written... :(

thats my 2 cents...just wanted to see if anyone else experiences this "post exam anxiety" !!! ta :eek:

Misturi

[Studying...]
HSC
I certainly do.

When l left the general maths exam early (after l checked it) the lady who signed my blue form said that l was the only one she has seen who checked their work. I left 20 mins early and l was pretty confident and told my dad that it was pretty easy.

He took the test with the answers l wrote down on it before l transferred it to my writing booklet and he pointed out a few that were wrong.

Also, looking at the answers on here...l only got about 65%. I was hoping for at least 75% :(

When l do that my mum gets angry with me and l just tell her that what is done is done - l can't change my answers now. That at least calms her down!

scorpi0n

HSC
*rinney* said:
Is it just me, or are there others out there who leave the exam feeling confident that you've given it your best shot, then, reflecting back on it later on or by talking to others about it, feel like you've screwed it up...or think "shit...i should have written that here, or improved on that" i like dont stress or anything before exams but afterwards i always have some regrets at answers ive written... :(

thats my 2 cents...just wanted to see if anyone else experiences this "post exam anxiety" !!! ta :eek:
hahaha alllllllllllllllll the time. its the worst thing ever...then i just go "meh, time to focus on the next exam" and forget about it.
its gonna suck on november 4th when theres a month before results....and no exams to distract me from thinking about my results :p

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
yeah..post-exam anxiety sucks....the "Exam thoughts" forums don't help :(

Sweet_Lemon

Final Sem'
HSC
wel....tat's wat i feel when i walk out....so the BEST thing....is not to talk to ya MATEzz~~since they can distract u with wat they put down tat's differ from yazzz...
I had a nitemare tat i stuffed Q2 in 3u....dam~~ and it was true!!!!

mack

Banned
HSC
My advice: Don't think about them. There is absolutely nothing you can do now, unless you have a time machine. In my opinion, the only thing that can come out of a post exam autopsy is stress.

Ovenmit

KMD
HSC
blah who cares.
as the person above said, dont worry about it. its not like its the end of the world, so sit back, relax enjoy your mini holiday, u can go have a shit and worry about it when u actually get ur results.

and most of the time theres nothing to worry about anyway, u did what u could and thats all that matters. theres heaps of other opportunities and paths u can take if ur marks are crap and u didnt get into the course u wanted.

what really upsets me are those people who talk of suicide and shit like that. ive had three friends of friends commit suicide and each time it happens i get depressed. the last time was before maths ext 1. its so horrible and so completely stupd, fkn hsc is not worth takin ur life over. so many other things to do and see..

please guys dont be stupd, if your marks arnt what you expected then its just unfortunate. have a cry for a few days, then be happy that its over. u culd always just do ur hsc over and have a head start over everyone, or simply go tafe or transfer from a lower preference uni course. but ur life is not worth sum stupd mark they give u.

this whole system pisses me off, we're all just numbers and they devalue us by telling us how shit we are out of 100. :vcross:

edit: what a first post! but it seems appropriate, im sick of seeing people hurt themselves over pressure from school and parents. dont worry about your marks, just focus and do your best, regardless of what happens. if you do your best, who cares what marks u'll get. whats important is that u tried. just tell urself.. u did the best u could for one nights worth of cramming, and then be happy its over. =)

Last edited:

gemita

Raube Hohle convert
HSC
Grrr, everybody says "just don't think about it". Obviously if I had some way to switch my brain off post-exam-autopsy mode I would, but I just CAN'T! It gets me every time, I walk out all fine and happy and then I think about what I wrote and I think about the question and what I could have written and....it all just goes in crazy depressing circles. Oh well, this time in a year we won't care at all and we'll think it's funny that we got so anxious about nothing.

hipnotize

how about ??? TOO BAD !!!
U cant do anything to change it so tough luck...
one way of getting around the problem of thinking about it is to drink alcohol n forget about it.

~~Jess~~

HSC
when i come out of the exam i have a misture of omg its over! yay never have to do it again and omg i never have to do it again that was my last shot and i didnt do it as well as i hoped. it sucks cos every1 is celebrating and im kinda half half :p im in two minds

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
Im half thinking, "Yay, I never have to do <insert appropriate subject here> again!!" but Im also thinking, "There goes my last and only chance to get as good a mark as I can :("

mishka

HSC
N/A
i have this grin to myself when the supervisor says "pens down" but afterwards, i do an autopsy on the exam, think about how i could've managed my time better, etc, etc. it probably doesn't help that i insist on taking the question paper with me!! :)

raidan

HSC
N/A
Hmm i was mega stressed for my trials, i lost 3kg's of weight :S
pretty bad
Thought i was allright for these ones but i got heaps sick befor my second english exam, put so much pressure on myself for english though, i studied to the max

gemita

Raube Hohle convert
HSC
Omg I made myself sick yesterday. I never knew you could suconsciously self-induce a fever...I'm stressed. And all these years when I actually WANTED to have a sickie, I could never pull it off. Sigh.

POST EXAM ANXIETY...ive suffered from pre exam anxiety for months and when i just start to get over it you mean there is post exam as well...man my life sucks.

lauren_carter27

Colossal Member
HSC
Ughhh the worst is those bloody exam-reflection forums...I'm banning myself from them, it sux when you think you did well then have 20 ppl point out which ones u got wrong..... :(. Oh well....I'm going to the pub :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)